Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: 5-star DT “Big Bear” Alexander de-commits from UGA

SystemSystem Posts: 10,446 admin
edited June 2021 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: 5-star DT “Big Bear” Alexander de-commits from UGA

DawgNation's daily pulse on UGA recruiting from Jeff Sentell

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well, another commitment decommits. It just shows how fickle teens can be. It's I have red, black and white running through my veins on the weekend and on Monday, the colors bleed out.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bummer, but we need to be patient and understand his needs right now. I’d rather see “big bear” de-commit now and look around instead of picking a different cap on signing day. Besides, this doesn’t mean we’ve lost this young man and hopefully it’s just a bump in the road. With that said......it’s still a big bummer. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not surprised. No way A&M, or the Horns and their new coach for that matter, were going to let this guy leave the state without a fight. Hopefully he reads Bill King's Sunday post and eventually realizes he wants to be a Dawg because I'm sure he'd be very happy in Athens. Best of luck to him sorting out such a big decision (although slightly less so with the freewheeling transfer rules currently in place). 

• Options
    DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BA spoke this into existence by talking up AnM. /s

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 380 ✭✭✭ Junior

Something to watch if he does end up re-committing to UGA, he might get home sick, and leave via transfer portal. Case in point: Arik Gilbert

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh man that’ll give a Dawgs fan a bad case of Monday blues. BUT he just wants to look around and make the best decision possible, sure can’t knock him for that. There’s still a good possibility he could end up choosing the Dawgs. And if so Then he will be much more content in heart and mind which would hopefully translate to an even better level of play. Better for him to be a 100% committed Dawg than having allot of doubt swirling around in his head. This is a life time decision for these young men and I’m sure it’s worrisome trying to figure out where the best place to fit in would be. Wish him the best and hopefully he’ll circle back to UGA.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Somebody got to somebody with something in hand? Who knows. Something happened or else he's not balanced. How do you "bleed red and black" and then just as quickly de-commit?

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fickle teenagers are why I don’t get all wrapped up in recruiting. I believe their commitment when they are signed, but now with the way the transfer portal doesn’t work, who knows how long anyone will stay anymore. But I do have to question how you have Georgia colors in your vein one minute, then de-commit the next?

• Options
    vannvann Posts: 108 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think BA knew this was coming. I hate to lose him as I think he could really shine at UGA, but I wish him well and hope he eventually finds his way back. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    westlcwestlc Posts: 11 ✭ Freshman

This young man appears to be receptive of any act to manipulate his action. He is going into a new high school this year for what the third or fourth time. He jumps into a UGA commitment at the first opportunity and pretends to be the leader in recruiting for our next class. Then at the first option to do something else less than 24 hours of giving his thoughts of being rock solid with his blood running red, black, and white he jumps ship. This doesn't sound like the commitment we need to build a championship around and I am glad he made this decision now rather than a year from now. Good luck to him wherever he goes, but give me the players that really bleed red, black, and white.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

" Texas A&M recently hired from Georgia support staffer Nick Williams, who played a key role in the recruitment of Alexander. "

SO, not a huge surprise given the above information from another article and that Bear is a Texas boy. You win some, you lose some. But the battle for Bear is not over, and the Dawgs still have a chance to get him back. He's committed to no team yet - not even Texas A&M. Heck, Bama ranked #12 right now for 2022 recruiting....Clemson # 27.....we're still doing just fine. It's way early.

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Commit, decommit.....idle words until they sign and even then they have the portal..very fickle rules. Teens change their minds all the time. Who knows where this guy will end up? A&M I presume. Will be one tough dude to play against. I never believe them when they boast they have "red, black and white in their veins." Wish him well anyway.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

it ain't over til it's over - Yogi Berra. Remember when Gilbert committed to FU?

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 370 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well, it was curious because when he said he bled Red, Black and White I was trying to figure out whose colors were Red, Black and White.

• Options
    Ga_fan1969Ga_fan1969 Posts: 34 ✭ Freshman

As fun as it is to have players commit to come play for a program. Until they sign a letter of intent it means nothing. And now with the ncaa making it so easy to transfer and allowing players to play right away National signing day is losing its luster.

• Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 254 ✭✭✭ Junior

Musta of gotta McDonalds sack of $$$ from somewhere, he was all Dawg yesterday.

• Options
    EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Some of yall are **** for the negative talk. He hadn't been to any campus in a yr . there will be more to commit and decommit in the next few weeks all around the nation

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Let's give this kid a break. It's a big decision and it's HIS to make. I hope he chooses UGA in the end, but I hope he finds the right place in his heart. The rest is none of anyone's business.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

ouch! this stings a lot, but it's exactly what we feared. We've let TXAM come in and buy two of our best recruiters and we see the results. We've been weaker in S FL since losing Coley, and now we've lost Bear because of Williams departure.