Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football already feeling impact of Nick Williams departure

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited June 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football already feeling impact of Nick Williams departure

Georgia had two de-commitments this week, and a former staffer has played a key role in both recruitments.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All things being equal, if I had the opportunity, I'd much rather play for my home state. The state where I grew up and where my roots are. I don't get the loyalty to a man who given the opportunity to be a head coach will jump ship at some point. Of course with the new transfer rules, I suppose the player can no just transfer with the coach.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OMG...Dawgs are #5 now in 2022 recruiting....just ahead of the Rutgers Scarlett Knights at #6....what is the world coming to? HA!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2021

Yeah, you can't help but laugh at any hand wringing over summer rankings. I still remember Smart's first couple of full cycles at Georgia, when we were ranked like 40 or 50 something in May and people were freaking out all over the place. It didn't matter that the mighty Saban/Bama was ranked even lower at that point. No, Smart was in over his head and that's all there was to it. Fortunately, most seem to have caught on by now and we're not seeing nearly as much of that these days. But it's still funny to look back on in moments like this.

• Options
    CostaRicaDawgCostaRicaDawg Posts: 11 ✭ Freshman

Things change drastically during recruiting. Let UGA have a great year on the field with multiple players going to the NFL in first and second round and recruits will be lining up to sign as they have at Bama and Clemson. Recruiting is a marathon. It is a long time to signing day.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't understand changing my commitment simply because of a defensive analyst. Absolutely, they can talk a good talk and that talk sold you on your original choice but this isn't even your position coach. I would think the head coach and position coach and the school, and maybe the coordinator, along with the school's facilities and overall program, are the keys to a decision. The recruiter sells the school, program and facilities but that doesn't change, unless for the better, which UGA definitely is doing.

It makes no sense to me to love a school and be fully on board only to change because someone, not your position coach, coordinator or head coach, changed their employment location. Odds are, if Williams is that good, he won't be there long.