Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Let’s be thankful for dads who raised us as Dawgs fans!

SystemSystem Posts: 10,434 admin
edited June 2021 in Article commenting
imageLet’s be thankful for dads who raised us as Dawgs fans!

As I noted a few months ago, Dawgs fandom tends to be a family thing, handed down from generation to generation, and a lot of us owe our initial UGA exposure to our fathers.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    PowerGwoodsPowerGwoods Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Thank you Bill for the great article!

I’m Mike Woods JR. My dad is the late Mike “Big DAWG” Woods. My brother Trent “Big DAWG 3” and I truly can’t get enough of UGA. I believe my dad may have poisoned us in a good way! My son, Hampton, is a sophomore and in the UGA paint line. He’s standing behind my brother on my profile pic. He will be “ Big DAWG 4” once he completes his training and brainwashing which we hope will be many, many years from now! UGA is truly a special place full of wonderful people. Lord please help us get back in that stadium come this fall!

GOOOOO DAWGS!

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

My dad never went to college, but he made sure I had tuition money to go to UGa. I had the pleasure of being there for the Junkyard Dawgs and was in grad school there when Herschel did his thing.

One of my sons made it into UGa. The other went elsewhere. I took both of them to a few football games and we spent some weekends in the Continuing Ed hotel, watching the baseball team (a weekend of Dawg baseball, including the hotel and food, cost almost exactly what tickets for similar seats , parking and ballpark food for one game would have cost), very fond memories. The UGa grad knows more about the Dawgs and SEC football than I thought possible and is a big fan. The other still follows the Dawgs, even though he went to school elsewhere.

Go Dawgs.