Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former Georgia receiver Demetris Robertson announces transfer destination

SystemSystem Posts: 10,483 admin
edited July 2021 in Article commenting
imageFormer Georgia receiver Demetris Robertson announces transfer destination

ATHENS — Former Georgia and Cal receiver Demetris Robertson, a sixth-year senior, announced he is headed for Auburn after spending the last month in the NCAA transfer portal.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Did he make this announcement at the College Football Hall of Fame in front of the national press and TV cameras?!?!?! Wow, how times have changed and a good lesson for all of us. I remember how disappointed (and shocked) I was when he put on that Cal cap. Oh well, I wish him the best and too bad he won’t be part of our National and SEC Championship team this season. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Didn't he transfer, once, already, from Cal? Or were there no retroactive restrictions?

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not going to wish the man bad luck but then again I am not going to pray that he has a stellar season.

• Options
    Dawgfan1995Dawgfan1995 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good luck to D-Rob except against us. He never really panned out for us, probably due to his injury in his final season at Cal.

In a real question I have, it feels like the transfer exchange only goes TO Auburn from UGA. Can anyone tell me who the last football player was to transfer to UGA from Auburn? I legitimately don't know.

• Options
    Dawgfan1995Dawgfan1995 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    CrushmoreCrushmore Posts: 29 ✭✭ Sophomore

Doubt he sees the ball much more in Auburn, but whatever. Wished it had worked out better for him here in Athens. Perhaps his biggest mistake is leaving PAC-12 football in the end.

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

Honestly, sticking it out at UGA and working to improve yourself and others could have put you in the DGD category.

Good luck D-Rob hope 3rd time is the charm!

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited July 2021

Can anyone tell me who the last football player was to transfer to UGA from Auburn? I legitimately don't know. - Dawgfan

Cam Newton said it best, when he told the MSU assistant , "The money was just too much at Auburn."

• Options
    Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

Every year he was at UGA I kept thinking he was going to have a blowout season and it never happened. Finish your degree no matter where you end up.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Geeze. Some rivalries are sacred and a real DGD would know better (Like Brenton Cox should have). Wish him the best academically, in life, and hope he has a great year that makes him draft-able. This all said, wholeheartedly hope he is held literally to 0 production when we meet Auburn.

• Options
    Mickey_HandMickey_Hand Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Free at last, Free at last, Thank God almighty we're free of him at last

• Options
    WayxATLdawg89WayxATLdawg89 Posts: 87 ✭✭ Sophomore

@Mickey_Hand, Robertson has only been a class act while at UGA. Sure he made a mistake this past year which questions his character but the kid was never featured the way he should have been. I truly believe he has 2nd Rd talent and will get that opportunity at Awwbumn if Nix can get him the ball. I just hope he doesn't do it against us because it will show deficiencies in our coaching staff. I'm sure blocking won't be a priority for Auburn but him being in position to catch the ball will...

Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2021

I feel like in my nonprofessional opinion, he has never really fully recovered from his injury he sustained his Freshman/ sophomore yr. I wish the young man amazing success moving forward. While at UGA we never saw that separation speed or a great catch radius though.

Good luck D-Rob moving forward!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So, he is no longer with us, I sure hope he doesn't have the itch to stick it to us. He sure could impart knowledge of UGA's offense to the Barn's coaches.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I had always rooted for him to break out but now he is taking advantage of his 6th year of eligibility? I didn't see in the article that he was a graduate transfer.

Four years is the plan, five years happens often but six years? Based on his performance, this young man may want to take advantage of the free schooling he has been offered and maybe plan for a career in which he actually can succeed.