Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Carlton Madden Jr: Fast-rising prospect says ‘it just feels like it is right’ about UGA

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited July 2021 in Article commenting
imageCarlton Madden Jr: Fast-rising prospect says ‘it just feels like it is right’ about UGA

DawgNation's daily pulse on UGA recruiting from Jeff Sentell

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2021

I think it’s a safe thing to never underestimate this type of player. We all know that good, bad, or in between the star ratings many times can be very wrong. Whether over estimating a believed 5 star or in underestimating a believed to be 3 star. Am I saying UGA should rush out and corral as many 3 stars as they can ? No of course not. What I am saying is these players bear close scrutiny. And I’m confident that UGA does that. As the article says this young man bears little resemblance to the way he looked when he was initially rated. Dan Lanning sees something he likes in him so that’s good enough for me !!With collegiate level strength and conditioning and solid coaching a guy like this has potential to yield big dividends !! One of the main things I appreciate in players like this is in most cases they don’t come with the prima donna attitude that we sometimes see in some of the guys labeled 5 star. A strong work ethic, a positive attitude, confidence but not arrogance, goes a long way with me. I do realize though that natural talent, body size and even shape are factors that must be considered to get the whole picture. I just love when players like this rise up and blow people away on the field and maintain a great character off the field. To me those are the great characteristics that make Georgia the great school it is !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A man child. Rare physique. Hope he's a DAWG!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I wish the recruiting of new commits would pick up the pace. The two that de-committed in June have not been replaced by any new commits. We were told that the new facility would have recruits just swooning to get in the front door. Another dead period is going to slow things down even more than it is now. Who is going to be the next commit?