Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Walter Nolen: Nation’s No. 1 DT for 2022 places UGA in his top 5

SystemSystem Posts: 10,534 admin
edited July 2021 in Article commenting
imageWalter Nolen: Nation’s No. 1 DT for 2022 places UGA in his top 5

DawgNation's daily pulse on UGA recruiting from Jeff Sentell

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Commit to the G!!!!

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

We definitely need a bit of good news, and this looks like just the man to make it happen - commit to the G, Nolan! Kirby will have you ready when the NFL draft comes knocking.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Not gonna' get excited or discouraged at this point. Early December is the time for those emotions.

• Options
    LDawgLDawg Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited August 2021

Since Bear decommitted I would love to see Kirby reel in Nolen and Travis Shaw together!! Would be an epic recruiting win for CKS and the dawgs!! I would love to see Bear come back and Smoke Bowie but I dont think Bears family situation will allow him to go to UGA-at first. He may go to A&M but could transfer after 1 year to UGA-woo hoo! lol I think Bowie is still a dawg in the end, just shopping his NIL for now. UGA has an advantage over every other SEC team in that they have the #7 size metropolitan area market just down the street in Atlanta, so NIL deals will be more plentiful for UGA players than any other SEC team. Bama can compete in NIL's from sheer fandom across the south, and FLA can compete as well due to the several large metro area's in their state with Miami, Jacksonville and Orlando so they could have a lot of possible NIL's for their players as well. Only Miami, with it's 10+ mil residents, can compare to the Atlanta metro area with it's population of over 6 million residents (only 600K in Atl & 5+ mil in surrounding metro area of the 10 bordering and surrounding counties) and the business's associated with the area as well. Miami is not in florida;s backyard either like Atlanta is to Athens. Atl has a lot of entertainment giants with their company's corporate locations located in Atl metro area as well as a lot of financial companies having their corporate headquarters in the Atlanta area too.

Let's all be real here about the NIL.... it is now basically above the board payments to elite players to come to a certain school. Boosters that are business owners can now have a contract with a UGA player to give them large sums of money- (from $100 up to any amount since their is no cap on the NIL deals themselves) to be their spokesperson and help sell their product or service. So if I was a UGA grad and owned a very successful car sales business in the Atlanta metro area I could give JT Daniels a $50,000 cash and/or BRAND NEW CAR NIL deal to make a commercial and be on all my billboards and advertisements for the next 8 to 12 months. So EVERY year now Kirby can say that his starting QB gets 1 deal for 50 grand and a new car plus several others as well for smaller amounts or even more! You CANNOT convince me that those "deals" wont play a part in recruitment!! YES THEY WILL!! And lucky for us UGA fans the rich will get richer!!! I know Kirby is saying they have nothing to do with getting them for the players and they dont talk about them in recruiting visits.... I kinda doubt thats true. lol The #1 rated player at every position coming out of HS WILL be asking what kind of NIL deals can I get if I play at ur college? for sure, so Kirby betta be up on game on what NIL deals he can offer players who come to UGA. I already know Saban is using it as a recruiting tool cuz he has said in an interview that some of his players already have $100, 000 deals in place!! He is putting it out there.." Come to bama and you can get PAID quickly if you are one of the top top players coming in each year for me, guaranteed!"

So in essence legal payoffs to get players to your school!!

IT'S ABOUT **** TIME!! lol

GO DAWGS!!