Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Warren Ericson injury will shake up entire Georgia offensive line

SystemSystem Posts: 10,651 admin
edited August 2021 in Article commenting
imageWarren Ericson injury will shake up entire Georgia offensive line

Warren Ericson suffered a hand injury that will impact how Georgia prepares for Clemson.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One OL injury that will not do us in. But if we start to have multiple injuries in one position group that's a completely different story.

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

I find this to be a bit disconcerting. It is not so much the injury but the fact it appears the staff has no clue who the left tackle is going to be. The LT to me is the second most important offensive line position behind the center. The center in most offenses makes the blocking calls. The LT protects the quarterback’s blind side. Hopefully this is more about slotting the best of the best at LT and is not something to really worry about.

This will be a great test of all the depth that Kirby has recruited and developed.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I see where Lane Kiffin is bragging that the Ole Miss. team is 100% vaccinated against Covid. I wonder where the Dawgs stand as they were over 85% a few weeks ago.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It's better to have this happen during week one of camp vs the last week. Given our riches in the OL room, we should be ok. Clemson is starting three new OL too.

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 383 ✭✭✭ Junior

Clay Webb just needs to transfer to Arkansas or some place so he can play. I was really excited about him, but now redshirt freshman and true freshman are passing him for playing time.

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tommielee The last I heard we were 90% vaccinated.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2021

"This situation isn't ideal"....no kidding, but it's how the coaches respond and how the players respond that will determine a LOT.

Adversity, setbacks, injuries, etc...all part of the game. Let's see what these other newbies have to offer....give Van Pran an opportunity and see what he does with it. If I was him, I'd be so fired up about it that I wouldn't sleep a wink!

Next man up...no excuses Dawgs....there's a reason we've got the elite depth and years of Top 5 recruiting and here it is....

I promise you this - Bama wouldn't be crying in their milk if the same thing happened to them!!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Delta variant that is spreading rapidly and seems to be hitting the younger folks moreso this time than the variant last fall. Even people who have had Covid and have been vaxxed are still getting the Delta variant (you can't hide from it). However, the previously infected and those who are fully vaccinated should not experience severe symptoms(hospitalization) but kids are still getting it. Wildly contagious.

Colleges need to amend their Covid protocals right now if they haven't already to allow kids to play who have had it previously and or/are vaccinated and get a positive test result or else you will see a lot of canceled games this year. It's going to run through a significant number of players on every team. this fall. And for 99.9 per cent it won't be even as bad as a common cold.

The purpose of the vaccines is to keep you from getting seriously sick with it. In other words, kids who test positive with the sniiffles or even asymptomatic should be allowed to play IMO, if they are playing against opposing players who have either had it previously or are vaccinated.

The chances of two vaxed people who are asymptomatic and showing no fever spreading it to another vaxed player and causing anything serious to happen is minuscule from everything I've read. The key though is getting everyone fully vaxxed.

I have spoken with 2 different nurses who work in two different hospitals in two different states, Fla and Ga and the word I am getting is their hospitals are at maximum capacity and Zero(none) of the infected in their hospitals had been vaccinated. Or in other words, they didn't have anyone admitted for Covid who were fully vaxed. That is telling.

The peak is expected in mid September. Team will have vaxxed players testing positive(who are no harm to themselves or fellow vaccinated players. and kept from playing and /or having to cancel games). Time to reimagine this illness. But of course, it's being politicized.

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

@MontanaDawg let’s face it what would Georgia football be without high levels of drama. I think not nearly as exciting.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

thanks for reading