Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football fall practice live updates, injury notes and position battles

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited August 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football fall practice live updates, injury notes and position battles

The Georgia football team begins fall practices on Friday. Below are the latest live updates, injury notes and thoughts on some of the key position battles for the 2021 season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good to see Sherman should be ready to go. Can we take Ringo's omission from the injuries summary to mean he's 100%? If I'm remembering correctly, I think he suited up for the bowl game but I don't recall that he saw the field?

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Per your report on the WR position, how could you leave off the names of Burton and Smith?

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited August 2021

I would really like to see a thorough article on our receiver corps -- tight ends, slot, wide receiver, the whole bunch. Who is healthy right now? What do we project the starting rotation to be? I would like to see every receiver on the team mentioned, with projections about where you think each will be in the lineup and what you think of their capabilities.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dang, wish we had Chubb ready to roll against Clemson. Even after a horrendous knee injury , he never showed any fear of another injury.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dumas-Johnson is the Incredible Hulk I see. DUde is a freak!

• Options
    Billy21Billy21 Posts: 195 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm ready to see Georgia's defense to start thumping some opponents. I think they have a lot of explosive hitters on that side of the ball and I think this year may be a highlight year for the defense in terms of tackling and big hits. We have the size and have definitely seen the increase in speed from our edge to our LBs to CBs. Adam Anderson ran a 4.47 forty.... I'm scared and I don't even play anymore!

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 322 ✭✭✭ Junior

One thing that is CLEARLY evident: These young men have been in the weight room! Kudos to Coach Sinclair and his staff.

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 257 ✭✭✭ Junior

Word is....Tykee Smith and Darnell Washington have both undergone surgery to repair minor fractures in their foot. 

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Does anyone else find it weird the amount of foot issues our guys seem to be having?

Fitz,Darnell, Tykee. I mean come on man!

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Of all the injured players, Ericson is the most critical. Center is the heart of the offensive heart protection of the brain.

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"I would really like to see a thorough article on our receiver corps -- tight ends, slot, wide receiver, the whole bunch. Who is healthy right now? What do we project the starting rotation to be? I would like to see every receiver on the team mentioned, with projections about where you think each will be in the lineup and what you think of their capabilities."

Sure let's do that. Let's give Clemson a blueprint and make it even easier to scout UGA. I'm sure Kirby will help, lol! People amaze me every day.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2021

This is a great chance to see Goede and Seither step up... and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they do. Another year under Monken (who is supposed to be getting a little loosening of the bridle by Kirby) could do them wonders. That's the beauty of this depth across the board... iron sharpens iron. Of course there might be better players here or there on other teams, but the grind these kids have every day, coupled with the talent they bring to the table, should more than prepare them for any opponent on the schedule. And I mean ANY opponent. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“I thought we had a real productive second scrimmage. We were able to complete the scrimmage. Around 120 snaps for the ones and twos. The offense did a little better job. Good opening drive. Struggled to tackle defensively.” -- Opening statement from Kirby Smart.

Struggled to tackle defensively?

STRUGGLED TO TACKLE DEFENSIVELY?!

Welp. That's it. Looks like we're gonna be waiting till at least 2022.

• Options
    bobebobe Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior

Stetson Bennet has such a quick release.