Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart pleased with JT Daniels, explains offensive struggles in scrimmage

SystemSystem Posts: 10,431 admin
edited August 2021 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart pleased with JT Daniels, explains offensive struggles in scrimmage

ATHENS — Kirby Smart said last spring that the Georgia football offense wouldn’t be limited by JT Daniels, as much as it would by the talent and execution around him.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Struggling on offense with just one more scrimmage before the Clemson game isn't exactly comforting.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2021

Eh. Not exactly alarm bells either. We've known all along that the O line needs to be figured out. And not many offenses are going to click in pre-season practice with half the receiving corps out. It's one scrimmage with a majority of summer practices remaining to get things sorted out. I'll wait to see the "final" (week one) product before I begin with any hand wringing.

• Options
    BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe not alarm bells, but certainly concern. I've said it before, you can't just flip a switch on these complex timing dependent offenses.

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The sky is falling .... the sky is falling.

Hey wait a minute .... It's not as if it's all sunshine and roses for the Clem Kadiddlehoppers. Their O-Line is not settled, they had guys who couldn't scrimmage due to injuries, they had guys that got banged up in their scrimmage and couldn't come back. Justyn Ross won't even be able to practice with pads until later this week. Yes he raves about their D's performance, but on the flip side their O did not look particularly good. (based upon Swinney's press conference after their first scrimmage).

In other words the Kadiddlehoppers are having their issues too.

• Options
    BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

Plus he was being pressured by one of the nations top defenses.

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

Plus he was being pressured by one of the nations top defenses. -BassDawg

And protected (hopefully) by a bevy of 5-Star O-linemen.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Even if the scrimmage had been flawless, Kirby wouldn’t have come out and stated that. It’s probably mostly strategy to get them to practice harder and to get clemson thinking it’s going to be an easy game. Just get everyone back and keep everyone healthy and I think we’ll be fine. Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

JT said this on the Marty and McGee Show about three weeks ago. What UGA has that other contenders don’t is, 5 RBs, 5 TEs, a great WR room, a 2-deep O-line squad. JT made me believe that he and his pass catchers had gotten their timing down this summer. That’s why I’m shocked at the apparently pitiful showing yesterday. This will be a long season if we are still stuck at 25 ppg.