Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart points to experience as to why Clemson has ‘one of the best defenses I have ever seen’

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2021 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart points to experience as to why Clemson has ‘one of the best defenses I have ever seen’

Georgia football faces a stiff challenge against Clemson defense that plays different from its own.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2021

C'mon, give me a break! We've definitely had better recruiting classes than Clemson since Kirby has been head coach. Kirby is offering up praise to Clemson and excuses to the Dawg fans in case we lose. Maybe that's a strategic analysis...

Folks, the proof will be in the pudding come Saturday. There is ABSOLUTELY no reason why the Dawgs can't beat the Tigers. At this point we've got more guys back in the lineup for this game than I thought we would, so I am expecting a VICTORY. We match up well - weak and strong in similar areas.

It will all come down to coaching and execution. Can Kirby and Monken get it done???

GO DAWGS!!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Clemson only had 2 sacks each game in their losses to Nore Dame and to Ohio St. last year. In the game they did beat Notre Dame they had 6 or 7 sacks. I think we know what needs to be done.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes, it will come down to the line of scrimmage and who controls it. We've got a big advantage in the running game if the offensive line shows up. If not, it could be a long day. Turnovers will be key as well.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Turnovers are always a key. We need a solid game all across the board, every facet. Our young receivers must catch the ball, special teams have to be solid and our DB's and safeties have to step up. When we get the lead we have to keep doing what got us there. Don't get complacent and try to run down the clock, too early. Pedal to the metal.