Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

3 things: What If Carson Beck starts at quarterback for Georgia this week?

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
image3 things: What If Carson Beck starts at quarterback for Georgia this week?

ATHENS — There’s a chance Georgia backup quarterback Carson Beck could get the start against UAB on Saturday at Sanford Stadium, and that has college football abuzz.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DeppDawgDeppDawg Posts: 15 ✭ Freshman

This is insanity. I, for one, just want Saturday 3:30 to get here so all this craziness can stop.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BEck throws for 4 TD's and suddenly we have a QB controvery onour hands. LOL! At least in some folks minds there would be.

• Options
    JonLastingersGhostJonLastingersGhost Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

"Daniels ... layered a nice downfield throw into the hands of Ladd McConkey, which was dropped."  - Did Mike watch the game? It was a dangerous throw to a receiver surrounded by Clemson DBs that short McConkey had no shot at catching. Mike probably blames Daniels' terrible INT on the heavy fog in the stadium :)

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 346 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So Daniels' injury came prior to the Clemson game, right? And he started? And, based on everything we've heard from teammates, he's practicing?

That tells me Daniels will start on Saturday. Hopefully we race to a quick lead and he can be done in the second quarter. And, hopefully, back-up QBs (plural) get playing time and get the chance to throw some passes.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You challenge the Offense, Defense and Special Teams to put this game away by halftime, with the plan of Daniels playing the first half and Beck getting the most reps of the second half, with a series or two for Vandagriff and Bennett.

I think that's what well see. I look for Daniels to start and play well.

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

I am on record saying if JT is not 100% then he should not play in this game. There is very little upside and the potential downside is huge. Kirby does not have a backup quarterback at this point that is ready to go other than Bennett. Bennett is not the future. Let Beck begin his development. If need be, the defense can bail out the offense again.

• Options
    Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

I personally want to see Beck!!!! Rocket arm and mobile come on into the future Cks

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

And I'll add to this, the more this is reported the more future opponents will be reading into it. Which is why Kirby knows not to report it or say anything on it. "Jt hurt his pectoral on his throwing side", then goes out and defense keys on hitting him there over and over again. What happened with Bennett last year, Florida knew he was sore, kept hitting him there.

So do us a favor reporters, stop it. YOU are putting this guy at risk by putting out articles every 5 minutes. "JT winced when picking up a fork at dinner tonight". Give it a rest. We're 2 days to game day and you're putting up SEC-wide bulletin board material with this.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey JT, maybe you should retire, or at least sit out Saturday's game.

"Not me, I'm in my prime."

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 346 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If only the coaching staff had some sort of medical professional to consult in such situations. Oh, wait….

• Options
    street0123street0123 Posts: 67 ✭✭✭ Junior

Oh the media is all butt hurt and is blowing this all out of proportion trying to gain leverage with CKS to get more observation time. Cry me a river.

• Options

Have a question. Other coaches would report on JT’s injury with a statement along the lines of : JT has an upper core injury. He has had limited practice. His availability will be a game time decision. You see Riley doing this, you see Day doing this, you see Saban doing this.

Having made this statement, which is one almost all coaches in the SEC would make, the conversation would be over until Saturday.

By doing what Kirby is doing he is really gaining nothing other than undermining his credibility.

So why is Kirby doing this?

• Options
    JayCrowJayCrow Posts: 131 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If JT felt had discomfort but thought he could play leading up to the Clemson game, would he have mentioned it ? After what he's gone through to play, I'm not so sure.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How in the world would stating that Daniels has an injury that may or may not prevent him from playing have prevented articles about the possibility of the backup playing and speculation about the seriousness of the injury?

• Options

@JayCrow since this topic has appeared in several different articles I have been consistent in my position about whether JT should play or not. I believe he should not play if he is not 100%.

Now maybe you can enlighten us with your position if you have one and the reasoning behind it. I look forward to reading it.

• Options

@E_Roc It would not but any follow on inquiries could be addressed with a simple that will be determined Saturday. Kirby would both help himself and build credibility with the media instead of making this a guessing game. Look at the many comments that have been made about Kirby reporting injuries that turned out to be false and he knew they were false when he was reporting them.

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I’ll bite…..most players are rarely 100% once the season starts especially after a physical game like Clemson. If you want your offense to gel with receivers and line you start him and let him play a few series to continue the development. You only play the back-up if you do not fully believe in the starter or the chance of further injury is that great. Ask any coach and they will agree. If 100% is the standard we would rarely play with starters.