Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia-UAB Live Blog: Kirby Smart IDs players who had strong week of practice

Comments

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Stetson Bennett for Heisman! Man I feel bad for Beck. I think the message is clear.

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

Georgia run blocking is not up to par. It is sad that UAB is out rushing us.

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bennett is doing just what he was supposed to do. He might be doing it at level many of us were not excepting.

As for Beck, he will get his opportunities in this game. It will be interesting to see how he does.

Many of you seem to under sell Beck. Beck knows both JT and Bennett are gone at the end of the season. He knows who starts next year will probably come down to him or Vandergriff. That battle will take place in the spring. He also knows to this point as a Pro set quarterback, he has a bit of an advantage given Fromm, Bennett and JT.

If Beck leaves the program, it will not be because he did not start this game.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

UAB D-front is whipping our offensive line.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well Carson will be in the portal soon

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2021

James Cook needs to move to receiver. He cannot break a tackle

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 2021

It is time for Georgia to reshuffle the offensive line before we get into SEC play. What we have right now is not cutting the rug.

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

SEC NW game commentary (and commentators) is terrible.

Hope Beck does not hit the transfer portal. I like SBIV, but Kirby said Beck was #2 yesterday. Wonder what Beck did to get this treatment?

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My problem with this whole thing is the way it's been handled by Smart. He names Beck #2 - this week - and then starts Bennett. Why not start Carson and then put Bennett in IF Beck struggles to move the ball after a few series? Otherwise, you're showing no confidence in your named #2. It makes no sense to me.

Instead, what Kirby has done to Beck is mentally mess with his head, potentially his confidence, and left him a few scraps for today. Now who knows how he will perform the rest of this game. He's just been upstaged by Bennett. How would you feel? It's just the principle of the issue that really bothers me.

We should be beating UAB handily with either QB.

• Options
    traildawg51traildawg51 Posts: 46 ✭✭✭ Junior

The announcers are idiots, especially RG3

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

OMG. RGIII sees a possible QB controversy (SBIV and JTD). When he's not talking about everything but the game. Please SHUT UP. Just too painful to even listen to. Can't get WSB sound synced (rats).

UAB has a nice D front 7.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey y’all it’s half time quick question for any that would like to answer. What would be a fair price for a used Polaris UTV ? Say maybe 5 years old or older but still in very good shape. Not the four wheeler but the golf cart style. Anyone know about these ?? Are they pretty good or just pricey because of the name ?? No big deal just curious. Don’t let this interrupt your game viewing. I just thought maybe some of y’all might know about them. Thank You !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It's funny how pretty much every single comment has a down vote, even those calling out the announcers. I'm guessing someone's family member has a chip on their shoulder.

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

@MontanaDawg the way Kirby handles the media is an area that l do not agree with. You seem to take what Kirby says as if this is all there is, never looking beyond his statements.

You may choose to believe that there was a question about JT playing today. This was probably known by the coaching staff on Monday and probably on Sunday. It was probably determined NLT Tuesday that Bennett would start.

If you do not think all of this was not fully discussed in the quarterback room by both Kirby and the OC then you are reinforcing your position that you don’t trust decisions.

Now I can get cute and tell you Beck is still QB2. He was behind JT last week and today he is behind Bennett.

If all of this affects Beck as many of you believe then maybe he really is not the quarterback of the future.

I happen to believe in Beck. Remember Kirby flipped him from Saban. Saban is normally very good about evaluating character and mental toughness.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Obviously, Kirby made a tough, but correct decision at QB. The last thing we needed was to go into half against UAB with the game in doubt because of an inexperienced QB.

My concern is the offensive line. Those guys with all their stars should be manhandling UAB in the run game.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't know why Kirby fed this fire here we go again.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I get where you're coming from Montana. From where we are, it very much SEEMS like a head s c r e w, but let's be real: this hasn't messed with anyone's heads but ours. We're on the outside and have no real information; those kids know what's up.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hey, 87. I just downvoted you. Please count that downvote as an actual upvote. It was really just to keep your point alive, as you hadn't gotten any downvotes yet. :)

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@stone Honestly, none of us have seen Beck play enough to have any opinion of him from a talent perspective, and it looks like we won't see him much today. Yet, he was named #2. He was sought after by Kirby like you said.

No, I don't like Kirby's method of handling the media or his QBs in general. I don't like the way he dealt with and barely played Fields, but that's a dead horse we don't need to beat any longer. But managing QBs is definitely not his strong suit.

And after today, I'm not convinced Kirby sees a real future for Beck here - even as a #2. There's no reason to name Beck as the #2 and keep emphasizing that if he's really not. Again, to me it makes no sense nor does saying one thing and doing something else. It sends signals to your players.