Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Stetson Bennett dealing with strained back, JT Daniels ‘pushing back’ from injury

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageStetson Bennett dealing with strained back, JT Daniels ‘pushing back’ from injury

ATHENS — Georgia quarterback JT Daniels is still “pushing back” from his injury, and Stetson Bennett has a strained lower back, according to Coach Kirby Smart.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JT Daniels and Stetson Bennett now both injured! Bennett back strain. Beck is only one 100%. Hopefully one of the former is well enough by game time. Smart says they are all three repping. What does that mean? I am reluctant to go to the DawgNation site anymore.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man oh man our Dawgs are a banged up team ! Somebody please get some special pesticide and kill the injury bug !! But seriously it’s just crazy the injuries. I don’t fault a single soul about any of it because it’s football, it’s a hard hitting, full go sport, and injuries are gonna happen. But the Dawgs have sure had their fair share. I guess now is much better than later though. Maybe the players bodies will get tougher and tougher as the season goes on, but I’m getting like UGA66 said in his comment, sort of scared to click on here and see that yet another player injured. But I believe these young men have bonded together and this team has allot of love and respect for one another, they are all brothers for the same cause. Many times adversity builds a stronger character. I believe the coaches will work hard to prepare them the best they can and I believe the players will cinch their belts even tighter and play hard. I Believe in these Dawgs, the whole team, and I’m very proud of them. Go Dawgs !! GATA !!

• Options
    corbinideascorbinideas Posts: 11 ✭✭ Sophomore

"I think Carson is 100 parent healthy...", great writing, Mike. I still don't know why they allow you to pen words on this platform. I'll say it once again, please try and write something with substance for once. Anyone can stir a pot with theory and overheard statements from a media room. Go DAWGS!

• Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

1. Gilbert is a lost cause...the milk carton has been tossed in the trash can and deposited in the dump.

2. The TE and DB will be back for the Razor game.

3. Lock has issues outside his knee.

4. The qbs will be fine for Sat...still up in air who starts.

5. Number 1 more than likely will never play a down in a UGA uni folks...

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't know what is going on with Gilbert other than the little that has been reported here and that will lead to speculation at best. Since I don't know the young mans situation, I won't speculate. I wish him health, wellness and whatever his needs are.

I hope Darnell gets back real soon. Bowers has been outstanding and Fitzgerald is playing hard. Either one of them go down before Washingtons return and it could spell trouble.

Blalock can't catch a break. Hopefully he will be back in a couple weeks.

Not concerned about the qb's right now

If I'm to be realistic about George Pickens, I don't think it would be wise for him to return this year and even if he did there is no way he will be close to 100%.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bring on Brock!

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 345 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Is Gilbert eligible at this point? By that I mean is he enrolled?

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Some of you may get your wish in that Beck could get the start for UGA. God help us if he does. Hate to think our run at a NC is riding on him from what I saw last Saturday.

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 276 ✭✭✭ Junior

As 97GradyDawg addressed in regard to Arik Gilbert, is he enrolled? Classes are moving along. If he is not actively participating as a STUDENTathlete, he cannot participate on the football field. How difficult would it be to get that question answered without having to divulge any private or sensitive information?

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bogarttad, it is not difficult information to obtain at all. Whether someone is enrolled at a public institution of higher learning is a matter of public record. All one need do is call the UGA registrar's office and ask. Or, they could make it more formal process and ask that you fill out a request either in person or online on the person you want to know about. They want divulge grades, obviously, but they will tell you if they are enrolled and what their current classification is. Go Dawgs!