Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football-South Carolina live updates, injury report and practice news

SystemSystem Posts: 10,439 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football-South Carolina live updates, injury report and practice news

Georgia football will take on South Carolina this week, in a matchup of undefeated teams.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

From what I know about oblique inujuries from watching baseball, is they can be quite persnickity. As in the player has to shut it down for several weeks, no practicing oe anything. Hopefully JT's injury is different.

• Options
    JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

“The approach is rest, recovery and treatment. The biggest thing we’ve been told is that you don’t want to aggravate it.” -- Smart mentioned he had been dealing with it before the Clemson game and then a hit during the game, potentially the one he took on the first play, that made it work.” -- Kirby Smart on when the injury occurred to Georgia.

Connor- ??? What player does this refer to?

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dude, have a snickers. You get pretty pessimistic, when you're hungry.

• Options
    robertasmithrobertasmith Posts: 11 ✭ Freshman

These "injury updates" aren't really worth the article space. I'm starting to get the feeling that this season will have come and gone before some of these kids get back on the field. CKS telling us they're "day to day" doesn't clarify anything. Actually, aren't we all pretty much "day to day"?

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 276 ✭✭✭ Junior

I know it is frustrating when we want our stars and potential stars to get on the field. However, football at this level is very tough on the body, and there are players who can perform at a high level in some aspects of the game but not meet the standard for other duties. I've known Ron Courson and his medical/rehab staff for many years. They are the BEST in the business. All true DAWGS should be very happy we have them!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The updates aren't that helpful because all the DawgNation reporters are doing is taking the standard report issued by UGA and just re-issuing it verbatim. They aren't doing any independent digging, unlike Seth Emerson at The Athletic who at least tries to delve a little deeper about the extent of the injuries and the realistic timetables for return. I do think all of the reporters know more about the Gilbert situation than they can or will say. But based on what I've heard about him, I doubt we ever hear from that dude again. As for the harshness about Ron Courson, that's totally crazy. Guys played -- and play -- while still being hurt. JT Daniels played hurt against Clemson. So did Fitzpatrick at tight end. Blaylock, I'm not sure about. Having seen him warm up in person in Charlotte, he just doesn't look like a guy who could play in a game right now. Or at least he didn't then. Kearis Jackson, on the other hand, DOES look ready. And Arian Smith just had a bruise and will be a go on Saturday, barring further injury. The two I'm most baffled about now, well three, are Washington, Smith and now, Devonte Wyatt. I hope they'll be back by next week at the latest as we can use all three of them against Arkansas and I would hope they would get at least one game before then. Go Dawgs!