Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Arch Manning: 5-star Manning legacy QB headlines a STOUT visitor’s list for South Carolina

SystemSystem Posts: 10,442 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageArch Manning: 5-star Manning legacy QB headlines a STOUT visitor’s list for South Carolina

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s what the Intel brings. This entry charts everyone who has already confirmed to be visiting UGA for the South Carolina game on Saturday night.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Very surprised that Arch Manning hasn't been offered by Ole Rotten Top.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Really surprised that Arch Manning wouldn't be down in Gainesville this weekend. I hope that means we're in a better spot with him than either Alabama or Florida, but who knows? My gut tells me he's going to wind up at Ole Miss but for now, he's just enjoying the recruiting process. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Doubt he winds up at OLe MIss. Anyone expecting Lane to be around for 2-3 more years there?

I could see him going to BAMA. UGA has Brock and Gunner on the way. Why compete with 2 five-stars, if you don't have to?

• Options
    troublemakertroublemaker Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

Oh Great! A "Manning" in Athens. Let's see, Peyton sexually assaults a female staffer while at TN, "Daddy Archie" rides into town and writes a check to buy her silence. "Peyton" is later again involved in a little publicized assault on a female in New Orleans. The "Manning"s later publicly attack the character of his first accuser. Little brother "Eli" is taken as the first pick by the "San Diego Chargers" in the NFL draft, but once again "Daddy Archie" intervenes and refuses to let "Eli" sign because it's not a big enough market for a "Manning". The Chargers wasted their first round pick on 'Eli" but are at least able to broker a deal for "Phillip Rivers" in exchange. The "Manning"s are one of the most corrupt and privileged families in sports. I don't care how talented "Little Arch" is ...we don't need him! I'm afraid "Daddy Archie" would wind up running things for UGA if he didn't like what was happening. And by the way Peyton... you're a terrible actor! You'll always be a "Goober"!

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 277 ✭✭✭ Junior

@troublemaker

I see you're trying desperately to live up to your moniker.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Arch Manning said "Athens is really cool. That was probably the coolest college town there is."

Kirby really needed to upgrade the passing aspect of the offense, and he has done that.

Every position from the OC to receiver's and Tight-ends has been upgraded with better talent, not to mention two more 5-star QB's waiting in line.

The QB competition will be fierce in Athens, but it won't much different than any other program in Arch's top 5.

I like GA's chances with Arch. He will get to Athens at it's finest Saturday night! GOOOODAWGS!

• Options

If "Little Archie" winds up in Athens and we win, I'm sure I will learn to love him and welcome him! To quote "Doc Holiday" in Tombstone, "My hypocrisy goes only so far!" I will however never be a fan of Peyton or "Daddy Archie" ... their hypocrisy knows no boundaries!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2021

@troublemaker,

I notice you are listed as a “freshman” on this site. Is that a freshman in high school? Certainly sounds like it from your snarky comments regarding the Manning family. I actually think you are a Gator, Vol or Bama fan trying to piss-off young Arch. I believe most good Dawg fans would love to have a Manning on our roster. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The way our defense is looking if you are a potential Dawg who receives an offer-Take It!! The offense will be fine once we get all of our weapons back. Any word from anyone about Gilbert??

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Arch and his family looking closely at the UGA QB present and future Room...Brock V.and Gunner Stockton...I would think. Both are/were 5-star but not No. 1 overall as is Manning. The Manning name draws, for sure....but I just cannot see him signing with UGA unless things change drastically at QB by then. Just my opinion. As they say: "A lot can happen twixt the cup and the lip."

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Arch Manning and the rest of these recruits are going to be in for a treat. Sanford Stadium will be rocking, complete with the epic "Red Georgia Hell" laser light show!

GOOOOOODAWGS!

• Options

Ha Ha Ha! Well "Bubba", {Which fits you perfectly by the way!} I'm sure I've been a Dawg fan much longer than you. This site is here, if you read the "guidelines", to provide a platform for readers to post an opinion without being personally attacked for said opinions. As for me being a "freshman", that's true in regards to my "posting comments" on this site. Believe it or not, I actually have a college degree, as well as a rather busy and successful life that also includes "non-football" endeavors. Your personal attacks and insults on my intelligence don't bother me, I just consider the source. I'm sure you're much smarter than me! Perhaps we could settle that question by each putting up $10,000 of our own money. I suggest we take an "IQ" challenge utilizing the 'Stanford-Binet Intelligence Scales" and "Menza Admission Test" to determine the outcome. Are you in "Big Bubba"? Everything I said about the Manning family is, in my opinion 'true". Perhaps you should do your own research on the history of the Mannings and their use of financial power and influence to their advantage, and then draw your own conclusions. If you had taken time to read my subsequent comment you would have read that I would certainly welcome young "Arch" if his presence proved to be for the betterment of the team. Yet, I am not going to hypocritically "kiss Manning butt" to achieve that outcome. Right now, I am more concerned about getting past "Vandy' and then "running the gauntlet" against our remaining and formidable opponents. Have a wonderful day! Go Dawgs!