Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart: Georgia spread the wealth around in 40-13 win over South Carolina

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart: Georgia spread the wealth around in 40-13 win over South Carolina

ATHENS — Kirby Smart appeared generally pleased with his Georgia football team’s 40-13 victory over South Carolina, even though there were plenty of mistakes to go around.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Dawg’s effort even with a big lead was relentless. When we emptied the bench, the talent level dropped,as expected, but the effort was still there.

Five years ago Kirby said there was going to be a culture change in the football program. Mission accomplished! Kirby’s Dawgs not only bite, they are being trained to sink their teeth into their opponent’s jugular and choke the life out of them!

• Options
    troublemakertroublemaker Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

I love the fact that we won! But, never .... NEVER EVER ... bet money on UGA! It's a lesson I learned years ago. Kirby lacks "killer instinct". We should have beat these guys by 40 points but we always start coasting when we have a big lead. Bear Bryant was once asked why he continued to score points when his team had a comfortable lead. He replied, "You have to take care of your own". It's not just about the Dawg faithful who legally wager on our games, it's also about those "talking heads" referred to as "The Playoff Committee" who take "margin of victory" into consideration. We looked complacent, as always, in closing out this game. This attitude already cost us a "National Championship". I'm a big CKS fan, but until he learns to "keep the pedal to the metal" we will not win a "NATTY". It's an unfortunate reality, but this is the way the college football climate has evolved. "GO DAWGS" means "GO" for all sixty minutes!

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Stetson earned that right... I love Kirby but you got to cut that crap out.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"sink their teeth into thir opponet's jugular ---" That's what Junkyard Dawgs do!!!!

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Baloney on that "earned that right" nonsense. He is the backup quarterback. Earning his right is when he gets to play when the one goes down. I would think your starter earned the right to play and the backup earned the right to watch from the sideline with the knowledge that in a big win he gets mop-up duty.