Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

AP Poll Top 25 Week 4: Georgia continues surge as Alabama, Clemson and Oklahoma struggle

SystemSystem Posts: 10,479 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageAP Poll Top 25 Week 4: Georgia continues surge as Alabama, Clemson and Oklahoma struggle

Georgia football once again came in as the No. 2 team in this week's AP Poll.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

“Auburn… dropped out of the rankings… ranked 23.” Dude.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bama came out popping and ran up a three-score lead....Mullen adjusted and things got interesting. Florida's highly mobile QB Jones ran the option more times than Bama could count and Bama's lead waned. I thought Florida would take them but Saban is a master at pulling rabbits out of his hat. FL will provide plenty of opposition when they meet UGA. The Dawgs will be in full Dawg mode by then and I believe will beat them. JT should be able to thread the needle for a big game. Cannot wait.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mullen keeps putting the cart before the horse talking about UF competing for championships. He first needs to figure out how to coach a team, even the best team of his career last year, to less than four losses. His teams with three or fewer losses are outliers.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2021

I thought that game revealed more about Bama than Florida. Florida's whole offense in that game basically was the wildcat formation, which seems pretty consistent with what they've been so far this season, and is to be expected with their quarterback situation. I think we'll match up well against that. And if Bama really were the insatiable monster devouring everything in its path that its been made out to be, I would have expected a much more boring game. Keep them at #1, I get that and won't complain. But I never bought the hype that Miami was a good team that was simply made to look bad by Bama. I'm kinda starting to meander a bit here, so I'll just wrap it up and say I'm still liking our chances against Florida, and a little more so against Bama now.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2021

Yes, Bama definitely looked less than stellar, and I do think we've got a better chance against them if we meet. Not only did their defense allow Jones to run at will, but they left their run game in Tuscaloosa, gaining only 91 yards on the ground. The Alabama defense, which allowed just 135 yards on the ground against Miami and Mercer, surrendered 258 yards to the Gators. They also committed 12 penalties for 87 yards. Saban had to be livid. We'll need to contain Jones (or Richardson) on Halloween weekend.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Clemson pathetic win against GA Tech didn't help us, but otherwise we are all set in terms of earned respect.

So now, the key is win the SEC East. I can never root for Bama, but at least their win gave Florida an SEC loss. That won't help if they win out and beat us, but it helps and they still have to play LSU which isn't a guaranteed win.

If we can win the SEC, it should be a no brainer at this point to have us in the playoffs even if we stumble against someone like Arkansas.

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm sure Saban will have Bama back on point, after all they did play Miami and Mercer to start the season. In addition they have new players at some key positions. I think they have lost a 1/2 step though we will see when they play LSU, Arkansas and T A&M.😎

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Alabama looks mortal. Their Offense is about what was expected. Their Defense seems something less than what was expected. Florida didn't do anything exotic and still moved the ball well, especially with the run game.

No team looks truly elite, especially Clemson, Oklahoma and Ohio St. Despite the Alabama moral victory I'm still not buying Florida as a true top 5 team.

It can and will change every week, but if I had a vote, right now I would vote Georgia No.1.

• Options
    bobebobe Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior

There has been too much speculation lately in the comment sections.