Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football instant observations after womping Arkansas

SystemSystem Posts: 10,422 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football instant observations after womping Arkansas

Kirby Smart asked fans last week to show up early and be loud. They were. His team responded perfectly to the support.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JT is still needed even though the slate gets a bit leaner except for Florida. I am feeling JT is prone to injury. Not good. It was the D line again that really put this game away early. Best in college football. The RBs did a lot better today as the OL busted up the Razorback's vaunted defense. Much hype was given the Arkys....too much. They are not elite. Media is to blame. ESPN as well. UGA has proven itself.....the top team in the nation. IMO. My brother , a referee, and Penn Stater...was in awe of UGA today.

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

A little too conservative to my liking. Nice Win

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby didn’t want to run up the score on Pittman. We could have scored over 60 again if Kirby had wanted

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

I, for one, do not question the quality of UGA's offense in the past few games. Thirty-seven to whatever the other team scores isn't bad, but when we have this type of defense, it is far more than adequate.

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Does anyone know why the Dawgs had multiple penalties on their punt formation? Is this on Muschamp?

• Options
    BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ultra homers seem absolutely clueless about what it will take to win it Atlanta. We will not win The SEC playing bully ball.

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

4 in the backfield each time. This is Todd Harleys unit. Lack of learning from that mistake concerned me today, but I suspect we will not see it again this season.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I do not understand this paragraph from the story at all:

"Bennett was good enough to guide Georgia to a win on Saturday. But the result also further reinforced the need for Daniels if Georgia’s offense is to become the best version of itself."

What does that mean? I thought the "result" was pretty doggone good. UGA was 18.5 point favorites (which many people considered too big) and we won by 37. Bennett led the team on a 75-yard TD drive on the opening drive of the game. He had no turnovers. He was 7 of 11 and two of those incompletions were drops. The kid is what, 6-2 or 7-2 as a starting QB, and the two he lost, he staked us to a lead. It's obvious that JT is the more talented of the two, but who can say that we would have scored more than 37 points if he had played today? Folks want to assume that JT would have TD drives every time, but we don't know. Man, let's just enjoy a nearly 40-point win against the 8th-ranked team in the country, an SEC foe, no less. Would much rather be us than Florida or Ole Miss or Texas A&M right now.