Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

The worry for Georgia football that is ‘beyond anyone’s control’

SystemSystem Posts: 11,122 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageThe worry for Georgia football that is ‘beyond anyone’s control’

Georgia football still has some concerns when it comes to the wide receiver position.

Read the full story here

Comments

• 97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 355 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I do wonder whether any of our former receivers regret their transfer decisions, but I'm also happy to see players like McConkey get a chance. Hopefully we'll get Pickens, Washington and Blaylock back in the pass-catching action soon. I especially hope Blaylock can overcome the challenges that are holding him back. Best wishes to all the rehabbing guys!

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brock Bowers !! Brock Bowers !! Brock Bowers !! Touchdown !!!! Or Big O !! Big O !! Big O !! Touchdown !!!!! Think Larry Munson calling the game vs the Warped Eagles this Saturday !! Being @ Auburn, Yes it will be some what a tough game. No I don’t underestimate them. But neither does Kirby and his coaching staff and that’s light years more important than my humble opinions. I Believe that our Defense will continue their smothering efforts. I also Believe our O line will open holes for our RBs which will there for open the pass game for Stet or JT if he’s able to go and the coaches want him in. My key words here as I’ve said in many of my comments this season are I BELIEVE !! The game vs Ark gave our O line a much needed boost of confidence I Believe. And every snap he gets I would Believe gives Stet more confidence. Dawgs just need to stay focused, play hard, Believe, and go in there and get that W !! Go Dawgs !!

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, Connor, nothing in life happens in a vacuum. D-Rob left UGA because he didn't think he got enough reps. But the reason he didn't get more reps was because he was so unproductive with the ones he did get. He was here three years and never really flashed brilliance. Even right now, I think McConkey is a better pass catcher and route runner. Who knew that the receiver room would get the lion's share of the team's injuries. Hopefully, we get Smith and Pickens back. They can help. I honestly don't think Jacksaint -- or Blaylock at this point -- would make that much of a difference. And by the way, Connor, neither Penn State nor Alabama are on the Dawgs' schedule this season. Go Dawgs!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I felt the tenor of this Riley piece was somewhat pessimistic. All of the decimating receiver injuries, D-Rob leaving, yet thriving at Auburn, Lanning only 6th in the list the performing coaches this past week and the ubiquitous QB question involving Stetson Bennett , former #3 back-up QB, now #1 and JT Daniels. One good thing was Devonte Wyatt's Defensive lineman of the week win. Maybe it is just how I read it? UGA will always have possible injuries to the best players..that is SEC football. The portal will take a few. However, UGA throttled a decent Arkansas team with all of these hurdles in place. They will do it again against Auburn. The OL has stepped up big time. Maybe Auburn will stack the line against the rush...Stets will open them up with a good air game, plus he can really scamper as a QB. I am very positive UGA will see some key receiver returnees as well this weekend. Let's go Dawgs. The DL is going to again contain Auburn's on- again, off- again QB Bo Nix. They did it before and will do it again. They should shut out Auburn. Come on, The Plains is not sacred ground, it is where Dawgs do their "business."

• BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

Shut him down this weekend then after that I hope he does well and makes it to the NFL.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

DRob was justified in his decision. He was not going to see the field as much as he wanted at UGA. His style suits the PAC12 not the SEC. I have seen some of his play this year at AU and seen the same things that kept him on the bench at UGA. A BIG drop in traffic on the last drive (empty drive) at PSU (loss). The drop was due to the proximity of the PSU DB's. He got hit anyway (not that big a hit) after the ball bounced off both his hands. Then saw a catch last week where he caught the ball on the sideline and immediately dove out of bounds to avoid a hit that wasn't there. Didn't even look for the chance for YAC. Couple the distaste for being hit with a reluctance to run block and DRob was not going to get the PT at UGA that he would at AU. Would've been nice to have him w/all the WR injuries. But completely confident in next man up. He left after spring when he saw AMitchell had surpassed him on the depth chart. I am still dumbfounded that AGilbert can't marshal up the logic and reason to take advantage of the golden opportunity that is there for him now. Have to believe he won't play this season. Will he ever for UGA? Is he even in class? Academic standing? Reminded of the Deangelo Gibbs situation.

• SmokeOnTheWaterSmokeOnTheWater Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

What? WTH? Isn't it wonderful when a beat writer dedicates his writing to all and anything negative he can spin!?!