Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia QB Stetson Bennett in line for Auburn start, faces 3 major challenges

SystemSystem Posts: 10,706 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia QB Stetson Bennett in line for Auburn start, faces 3 major challenges

ATHENS — Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett is expected to start at Auburn after taking the vast majority of first-team offensive reps this week with JT Daniels recovering from a strained lat muscle.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

After reading this I guess there is no reason for the Dawgs to even suit up. LOL!!!!

• Options
    leebonnerleebonner Posts: 13 ✭ Freshman

Everyone is clamoring for JT - he has been injured for more games than hes started in college. Send in the mailman!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Dawgs D will just need to do their thing. Keep getting 3 downs and out. Which will in turn gas the Warped Eagles D by keeping them on the field to much. Dawgs Oline needs to bully the line of scrimmage making holes for our group of very talented RBs ( each bring their own style of run, and each are hungry to showcase their skills) then Stets make the passes that he’s good at making within his skill set not to mention He has good wheels. Moral of the story is our Defense is Much better than Theirs giving us more time of possession. I’m confident that Kirby has lectured Stets heavily about ball protection. Plus and this is a Big PLUS Stets has had Both many more practice reps and real game reps which I feel confident has sharpened his skills. Is Stets better than JT ?? Answer No. But he’s a pretty good QB if he can stop the bad decisions he’s sprinkled in his game at times. He’s had allot of time to look at His Self on film and get advice from JT. NO sarcasm on my part but if the Dawgs can’t get this W, In Spite of injuries then perhaps their not the championship team we all hope for. Championship teams find ways to adapt to adverse situations, including injuries. I Believe this Dawgs team will to.

• Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yep, such is football - let's just assume it is Bennett starting until JT is clearly better. In any case, Bennett's ability to scramble and pick up occasional first downs is huge vs a tough defense like Auburn's. Points are going to be tough to come by today, and the Dawgs offense will need to be scrappy at times.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We've all had a shot at UGA vs Auburn outcome.....time for action and results. We will know how we performed as armchair prognosticators around 7pm tonight ...or earlier. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

GOOOOOOOOOO DAWGS!

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 351 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Is JT really as banged up as it seems, or are we trying to limit the amount of game tape on him while also giving Bennett, who considered leaving UGA again, some playing time? Granted, it would seem near-ludicrous to hold JT back if he isn't really hurt, but it just makes me wonder.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Alright, lets gata.....