Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia offense flips the script in 34-10 win over Auburn

SystemSystem Posts: 11,080 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia offense flips the script in 34-10 win over Auburn

Georgia football scored its first come-from-behind victory of the season on Saturday, beating No. 18-ranked Auburn handily, 34-10.

Read the full story here

Comments

• VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

fantastic win by the Dawgs!! Great team effort.

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great game by the Dawgs! We've seen many offenses struggle in hostile road environments this season. While GA started out a little slow, they didn't have false starts, that put the offense behind the chains and lead to favorable field position for the other team.

The O-line had a good game, especially with losing Salyer. I hope he can come back next week. Bennett missed a few passes, but was mostly sharp and never got the offense in trouble. The defense was dominant as usual.

Great game Dawgs! Bring on Kentucky!

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mike, any word on Salyer?

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

CBS tried their hardest to create a quarterback controversy, both during and after the game. Bennett played well, and I'm grateful for that, but I still think it's going to have to be Daniels down the stretch. We will probably be able to win out the regular season with Bennett, but I think we'll need a healthy, in-rhythm Daniels to survive Bama and the playoff. Hopefully he's healthy enough to see some real action next week, before the Florida game, but if not I'm sure we can get by with Bennett.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@E_Roc...I kind of agree with you about Daniels, but really happy to see Stet play so well. Other than one errant throw that could have been intercepted, he was mostly on target and showed his wheels when necessary. That mobility is a key asset for Stetson that JT just doesn't have in his repertoire. Glad we have both these guys.

And it's beyond great and unexpected to see young receivers like Bowers, McConkey, and Mitchell continue to step up and do so well with the other starters out. And when Salyer got injured, Jones filled in very nicely as our running game took off! Just imagine if we can finally get a few more key players back on the field within the next few weeks or at least by the end of the regular season.

Great game and time to get ready for a talented Wildcat team.

GO DAWGS!!

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 13,166 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

”The oil painting moment of the game!”

Priceless!

Great read, Mike!

Go Dawgs!

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The last time Bama trailed in a game before tonight was against Georgia. Who was the QB before the D collapsed? Stetson Bennett. Who had the UF game in hand last year before he got injured? Stetson Bennett. Who has saved our season on offense, not just getting by nor being just a placeholder for JT, but excelling while our entire projected preseason starters at WR are injured? Stetson Bennett! Stetson without a doubt and it’s not even close is our offensive MVP at the midpoint of the regular season. Those who comment that we may be able to “get by” with Stetson, either aren’t paying attention or are totally blinded by where he was five years ago rather than being able to see where he is six games into the 2021 season!

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dang, 6 games already played, the older I get it seems the season just flies by. Great win, especially in a stadium where they broadcast music and noise while the opposing teams are in their offensive huddle. It was great to see Nix handled by the Dawgs defense, while he made mincemeat out of LSU's so called vaunted defense. Kentucky stomped a mudhole in LSU. It sets up a big show down in Athens next Saturday.

• flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 599 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

CBS throws up the stat no points scored in last 3 series by Georgia. Stet goes deep to Ladd on first down. Guess they wasted that stat.