Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Social media praises another dominant Georgia performance, Ladd McConkey

SystemSystem Posts: 10,448 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageSocial media praises another dominant Georgia performance, Ladd McConkey

Georgia football had a lot of people talking after a 34-10 win over Auburn.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

Found myself questioning Monken's calls especially on 3rd down. Example UGA settled for a FG with a 3rd and 2 inside the 6(?). 2 plays to get 2 yrds and you call an (incomplete) pass and kick a FG? Also does UGA have any other running plays besides the dive play up the middle? Toss sweep? Jet sweep? RPO? Pitch? Just seems dumb to not try and get Cook the ball in space. Some bad play calling by Monken yesterday.

• Options
    SloanDawgSloanDawg Posts: 24 ✭ Freshman

Similarly, but thinking a back-corner end zone to D. Washington. Dude can high point a ball at about 12 feet!

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The real question is why kirby didn't call a timeout to get the catch reviewed?

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Auburn knew UGA would defer to the run in the second half...but had no answer. Zeus is emerging as who we thought he was...a prolific runner. Productive. I like productive. Ladd McConkey is a phenom for his size and grit. Smart is really high on him. It has been someone new each week that all the ballyhoo is about. Amazing. UGA is deep in the talent pool. And then there is Mr Consistent....Stetson Bennett IV....the Mailman. Need to write a book on this guy. At first, he lobs 30 yarders...now sails them 60, close to it. Thank JT for that upgrade. Plus, he can can break from the pocket and really scamper and has scored. A bonus among UGA QBs. WRs are banged up but Smart seems (rather) confident many will return by FL. DL and OL are winning these games. The pride of UGA football 2021. Smart makes it sound as if UGA is rag-tag with all the injuries and young ;players. Far from it. He knows it. It is his recruiting ability that has earned UGA the honor being #1 in the nation. Look at the three and four stars....starring now. Freshmen! Sophomores. UGA will continue its winning ways. I hear the name Gunner Stockton in the background noise as well...the best QB in GA high school football...and a solid commit to UGA.

The future looks bright.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I had disdain for the hb dives as well. But in the fourth quarter those 2 yard runs went for 6-8 yards. I think those were about an investment in the second half not what’s the best play right now. I would take Monken over any play caller short of Joe Brady! Called a great game, and yes I saw the replay where cool was in bounds with a catch. If you rewatch the game you’ll see Kirby chewing on some assistants before kicking off after that field goal. I have to believe that the cook catch was the topic of conversation.

go dawgs

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

When I first read about Ladd McConkey, he was in high school in Chatsworth, GA and was a really good high school player who played QB, ran back punts and kickoffs with great speed and was 5'10'' and about 160 lbs of determination and athletic superiority. The only other university that was interested in this kid from Chatsworth, GA was Vandy. We are so lucky to have found this kid who is a winner in every sense of the word and who wanted to go to Athens. He's now a whopping 6' 0" and 185 lbs and an up and coming star. I wish him great success and health as he proves his worth throughout his career at Georgia. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    ChewDawgChewDawg Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

I always liked Lad ever since I saw his highlight video following his commitment. Most, if not all recruits with only one power five offer, would be hesitant to sign with the only big school to offer them because they don't think they would ever get any meaningful playing time. Lad's attitude was nothing like that. He sounded highly confident in himself and was super excited to get that one opportunity to showcase his talent. Despite his super low ranking, I was very impressed with his speed and quickness in his highlight video. I've also seen highlights of 4 and 5 star recruits that didn't impressed me much. I am more impressed with how they perform athletically and their skillset, vs their productions in games because sometimes the level of opponents determines the productions. I'm glad we didn't miss on him. Great job to coaching staff.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’ve been a Ladd McConkey fan since I first read about his recruitment. The G Day game made me appreciate him even more when he took an absolute killer hit from K. Ringo but just bounced right back up on his feet !! Kid is very tough, fast, runs polished routes, great timing, has the “It” factor !! Imagine if he were only taller !! But he’s doing just fine just like he is !! I’m hoping that vs KY Ladd will continue his great ways and all the other guys we’ve seen doing very well. But now I’m hoping for a breakout performance from J. Robinson vs KY as well. He’s about due to have an explosive performance. Go Dawgs whup up on dem Wildcats !!