Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

An honest assessment of the Georgia football quarterback situation before Kentucky

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageAn honest assessment of the Georgia football quarterback situation before Kentucky

Georgia football has an interesting quarterback situation brewing.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Far from just a DawgNation thing but please note the ‘honest’ qualification in the title.

Why? I want to assume that your writing is always honest. When we do not see this qualification, should we assume that you do not believe what you are writing?

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 621 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good lord! The “there’s a QB controversy “ pot has been stirred enough already! So many positives to focus on about this team and seemingly every day same old crap. Can you just give it a rest Connor? Go Dawgs!

• Options
    districtdawg5districtdawg5 Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

I’m kind of shocked by the lack of statistics in this article. I’m not saying stats are everything, because they’re not, but barely any mention of each player’s stats in an article meant to compare two QBs?

If I was debating some dude at a bar I’d at least go to the effort of Googling a couple things to back up what I’m saying. This is basically all quotes and anecdotal tweets with little analysis.

• Options
    GhostofMunsonGhostofMunson Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

Everyone in the media wants a QB controversy so bad don’t they?

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Agree, no QB controversy in this house, Daniels won't be around next year nor will Bennett. Clearly, IMO, Bennett is a DGD and deserves to start, he's "earned" that role. If he struggles and Daniels is ready the job is his to lose. Personally I think both QB's can be an are assets. Remember the Tua and Hurts show?

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 621 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

True and valid points BubbaBill. No shade wash thrown Stets way. Not sure why you would get down voted. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Jbayne1Jbayne1 Posts: 22 ✭✭ Sophomore

The analyst (who typically ignore GA) need some drama to talk about lol. There is no way Stet starts over JT when JT is healthy. Stet has played phenomenal in the role he's put himself in (earning the 2nd QB job) and the Dawgs should be more than grateful to have him on their roster. I get it, he's a better athlete and has been much improved. But JT is a better QB. The stuff he does pre-snap and his overall command of the offense is invaluable. Just look at the Vandy and SC games. The offense is sharper with him. Stets a great guy and he's a DGD regardless tho !

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don’t think “ascertain” means what you think it means, Connor.

It means “to find out for certain”.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just like they wanted it at Alabama a few years ago. I had forgotten about that and Saban set that straight.

The media has to control the narrative...they fell all over themselves trying to show the awesome OSU offense, and I guess why they belong in the CFP hunt.

If Alabama had come back to win over aTm, what would the media have said? Other than Alabama losing, I loved the fact that Danielson was there to witness it. Such a jerk.

And that bunch of yoyo's who called our game on CBS...they kept trying to play it as narrative where Rburn was supposed to win, and how would they come back.

They can't stand UGA anyway, except for maybe a few. Even Aaron Murray was falling all over himself trying to be objective, but wound up sounding like a doofus.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey guys, if you want QB controversy consider the possibility that JT returns because he missed half of this season or more. Not a great resume so far for the NFL scouts so there is the possibility. I wouldn’t have said that in August, but now he is pressed for time to prove himself. In addition, to really crank-up the controversy, what if Stetson returns for his 6th season? Don’t forget, last season didn’t count against anyone’s eligibility so he technically could play another year. How bout that for a “QB Room”? Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Other than Conner’s opinions, there’s not a line in this post I haven’t read elsewhere. Rehashing the rehash.

Believe it or not, JT has had some poorly thrown balls this year. He’s made questionable decisions. He’s actually thrown some balls into coverage that could have resulted in interceptions. With wide open offenses nowadays, every QB in every game does the same thing.

Why is it that every throw Stetson makes that doesn’t result in a completion is put under a microscope while the excellent throws, and there have been many this year, are totally ignored.

Stetson threw a 60 yard TD on a dime to McConkey that traveled 54 yards in the air. Efficient? I don’t think so! Elite? Definitely!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

This season, with UGA's D. UGA may not need to ring up 50 pts to win the NC. Or beat any team they are likely to face. IF JTD is close to 100% he will be phased back in this week vs KY. SBIV starts but JTD plays at least a series in each half. IF JTD remains close to 100% I see the roles reversing where JTD starts and SBIV plays a series each half. They can both help this team win any game. With the OL jelling and the pocket protection appearing to be better (we will see this week) JTD lack of mobility becomes less of an issue and his ability to stretch the field with a more comprehensive route tree becomes more of an advantage for the O. Nice to see good, mostly objective journalism on Dawgnation.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

1 DV rescinded, I misinterpreted you post, after not paying full attention to your explanation later in the comment, my apologies. You make very valid points. A loss, or a win is never the result of 1 player, it takes 11 players every play to win, or lose. Exactly as you said, its called a "Team" sport for a reason.

• Options
    SmokeOnTheWaterSmokeOnTheWater Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

OFFS! Connor, just stop. You and Aaron and the other talking heads keep rehashing the same non-news crap to try to paint a controversy picture. You are the hack of hacks.