Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

WATCH: Kentucky keyed by transfers, new QB ‘looking forward’ to Sanford Stadium

SystemSystem Posts: 11,080 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: Kentucky keyed by transfers, new QB ‘looking forward’ to Sanford Stadium

ATHENS — Kentucky football knocked on the door of winning the SEC East Division in 2018 before running into a buzzsaw of a Georgia team in 2018.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well. at least this portal transfer is healthy. And he is good. Penn State lost a good one. However, the old buzz saw mention again....yes.....UGA will provide ground KY burgers at days end. I take nothing from KY....but UGA is just a bigger, more physical team...with QBs that are equally as talented. I believe Salyer will return to duty. UGA is massive up front on Dline. On OL I am really impressed with newbie Jalen Carter. Come on......UGA has got this game.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

At this point in the season most teams have some key injuries, and that is why quality depth is SO important.

It's interesting to see how the transfer portal has helped various teams improve drastically and quickly. I'm not much of a fan of the portal, and many coaches think it taints the sport and makes roster management almost impossible. But, if you think about it, coaches leave programs and transfer every year to better offers and programs. So what's the difference? There's little loyalty in either case.

However, that being said the Dawgs have benefited from the portal (assuming we get those transfers actually on the field).

GO DAWGS!!

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Levis, you sound like an intelligent and fine young man. Just take note, you may want to be careful what you wish for. Y’all had better work on your sign language and snap movement in practice this week because I promise you your linemen are not going to be able to hear you. I predict a minimum of three false starts and very possibly more. Go Dawgs!

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MikeGriffith Read that 4th paragraph again. 😀

Dawgs better be ready! And I hope our crowd is as loud as ever when Kentucky has the ball. We absolutely made a difference in the Arkansas game, and we need to do the same in this one. Represent Dawg fans! And GATA Dawgs!

GO DAWGS!

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 13,168 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am not sure that he will be thinking how cool it was to have played at Dooley Field after the game!

Go Dawgs!

• PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I watched a little of the Kentucky-Florida game and them have a tough time with South Carolina. They are physical, but Kentucky has quite a few starters who are injured like us and will not play on Saturday. I see us winning by between 14-24 points at home as our fans are the best in the country and hungry for a championship..

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kentucky is going to come to play but Georgia is just going to overwhelm them after a while.

• Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kentucky is gonna get smoked. Kentucky is Arkansas. Ask these kids after the game how they feel about coming to Athens.