Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Florida coach Dan Mullen thorough during bye week, has two-quarterback plan

SystemSystem Posts: 10,706 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageFlorida coach Dan Mullen thorough during bye week, has two-quarterback plan

Coach Dan Mullen may have been under fire with Florida 4-3 overall and 2-4 in the SEC during the bye week, but the Gators have had some time to work out some things entering the Georgia game week.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

"Change a couple of plays here and there, and your record is better".. if a frog had wings also changes things, genius. I hope Florida keeps this CLOWN coach for many years..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like the headline photo. Mullen coming in for some coach-to-coach comaraderie, Kirby looking sideways to the security folks like, "Little help?"

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby's Big Dawgs have too much power for Mullen to handle. UGA Wolfpack ready to rumble! Ok, he should have beaten Bama (back then), he says. What about KY? LSU? Woulda, coulda, shoulda? Three losses, Mullen. Do I hear four? Yes, I do.

• Options
    DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Those numbers do not make sense. Four and three overall, two and three in conference.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If “ifs” and “buts” were candy and nuts, we’d all have a Merry Christmas.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mullen....“I’m pretty pleased with where the mindset of the team is right now.” You are? Three big losses and you're okay? Meeting #1 Dawgs hungry for Gator meat and all is well in Gatorville? Well, Mike quoted you so it must be true? There will not be a repeat of last season, Dan. UGA does not throw shoes. They don't need to. See you in J-Ville.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mullen can't seem to keep his teams focused. They look good against Alabama and then lose to multiple teams with less talent.

Richardson and EJ are good athletes who happen to be playing the QB position. Maybe Mullen can teach them how to play the position. Maybe he can't? EJ has been around long enough but doesn't seem to get it. Richardson - remains to be seen.

I think the players will self motivate to play Georgia, and much like the Alabama game will be more focused and won't make as many unforced mistakes. Georgia has the team to force turnovers and tackles for loss. Florida will have a hard time putting up more than 17.

Georgia will have a good day on offense. It will be a balanced attack with success in both the run and pass. Georgia scores at least 34 and covers the 14 points.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 762 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

Blah blah blah…. Coach speak coach speak.

dear Dawgs,

beat the gator droppings outta them Saturday .

please!

sincerely,

your fans

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 358 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You know, I love DawgNation, but it really gets tiresome reading Griffith's massively error-riddled posts. "4-3 overall and 2-4 in the SEC"... I seriously wonder if he ever proofs his stuff before posting. Even spell-check would help a few.

That said, I DO like the content. He's relatively objective, which I actually admire given he's a reporter playing to just one fan base :)

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

FINALLY, FU week. Waited a year for this payback. I expect FU to try to run as much as they can. If their QB's try to pass UGA will be coming after them. FU cannot afford to have the UGA D break AR15 like they broke the entire Clemson team. Clemson still hasn't recovered. This will be the last week we'll have to hear "44-28" (over a very depleted UGA team). As long as Mullen is at FU (and I hope for a long time) the programs are moving in opposite directions. UGA ascending. FU descending.

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mulllski is going to start both quarterbacks. Been saying it for two months. It is the only aspect of his genius offense that he hasn't shown yet and he is saving it for the Dawgs. I don't think Kirby will be the least bit surprised....

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No claims or prophetic statements. Just a couple of requests: Please win, Dawgs; and please, no more injuries! Thank you. Go Dawgs!