Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart uses history to caution against No. 1 spot in first College Football Playoff rankings

SystemSystem Posts: 10,698 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart uses history to caution against No. 1 spot in first College Football Playoff rankings

Georgia football debuted as the No. 1 team in the College Football Playoff rankings on Thursday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The key is going to be keeping an AGGRESSIVE offensive game against weaker opponents, because the SEC Championship game will have a difficulty that far surpasses what we've played and we can't rely on our defense to score points for us.

I expect us to come out strong against Missouri and then fall back to our traditional "smash mouth", base running game to finish things off. We really, though, need to keep pushing hard throughout the game and focus on the passing game. 160 yards passing isn't going to cut it in the SEC game.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Go Braves!! Now it’s our Dawgs’ turn!! Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

Bottom line for me is I trust Kirby. The Dawgs have faced Bama twice under his tenure and came up short. He Knows this. He knows that the same tactics won’t work as they didnt before. Kirby would not be the HC at UGA if he were s-tupid. At UF, SC, TN, Vandy maybe but nope not at UGA or Bama and a couple of other schools (Dan “The Clown” Mullen better find a way to win consistently or he’ll lose his job). Really there hasn’t been a so called QB controversy at UGA. The media created that and kept stirring the pot once a large segment of fans tasted the stew in that pot !! Kirby has known and Knows right now what the best path for his team to win is. And regardless of media hype and fan dismay that’s Exactly what he’s gonna do. Did I buy in and participate in the so called controversy ?? YES I did. And I feel S-tupid and some what ashamed for having done so. I’ll probably be down voted big time for my comments. That’s OK by me. Until me being down voted on here has a negative effect on my family’s income I won’t sweat it much !! 😀 I’m gonna give the Same advice Again that I have now given several times Until the scoreboard shows a Loss and that loss is pretty much directly due to something KS did wrong, Enjoy the wonderful ride !! In closing let me ask a What If question. What if JT comes in and shines brighter than the sun, Dawgs win the SECCG go to the Natty and JT struggles terrible and Stets comes in and wins it. Would you as a True Dawgs fan be angry ?? Now flip that and make it Stets and JT comes in the Natty and wins it. Would you be Really angry ?? For Me I don’t care if a LB on the third string scout team comes in and plays QB and wins it all !! I’ll Gladly take it !! And if something That bizarre were to happen I’d think well ole Kirby must have known something the Media and we Dawgs fans didn’t know. OK que the down votes lol !! Go Dawgs !! Well done Braves !! Maybe that will spread to the Dawgs !!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I suspect if I were to attend a UGA practice session or two....my opinion would change in many ways. Armchairing can be a tough business and not flatteringly precise. We deal with limited information and innuendo. CFP rankings tell you where you are like it or not. UGA needs to keep focused game to game. You get one opponent at a time in the ring...same with football. You train for that opponent. Then on to the next. I will throw in a dash of ginger here as the knowledge you are number one could tend to hone a sharper bevel. Playing king of the mountain is tough football. CKS and his "buy-in " approach is the way to go.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

Bravo !! Very well said !! Kirby preaches the don’t listen to the rat poison doctrine all the time. He also preaches to Be elite you have to Practice and Play elite. And exactly like you said he preaches the one game at a time doctrine. As the HC he can secretly look ahead though I doubt he does much. But he sure doesn’t want his players looking ahead. Anyone giving an honest critic would have to say Kirby has done an outstanding job. If he can get past Saban & Bama then win the coveted Natty he will have done it all, No Matter the method he does it in. As long as Kirby keeps getting W’s and plays what the majority of peers would call clean football I’m fine with his decisions. He can play a LB at the QB position if he honestly feels that’s the best path to winning !! The man has been involved in football most all his life, the greater part of his life it’s been how he provides for his family. Until he shows me something grossly wrong where I shouldn’t I’m gonna trust him. Now I would like to see JT verses Mizzou mainly out of curiosity if nothing else. I’d like to see how he plays now assuming he’s fully healthy. And my ample gut tells me we Will see him this Sat. Go Dawgs !! Oh and my ample gut also tells me that once JT shakes the rust off we might well see the best version of him that we’ve ever seen since he’s been at UGA !!