Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia sacks leader Adam Anderson under investigation on rape allegation

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia sacks leader Adam Anderson under investigation on rape allegation

ATHENS — Georgia football sacks leader Adam Anderson is being investigated by Athens-Clarke County police on an allegation of rape, per an incident report and police spokesperson.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

I hope to heck this doesn't prove true. Innocent until proven guilty, but something tells me Kirby will want Anderson off the team or at least off the playing field while the investigation is ongoing. That's going to hurt.

• rxmasterrxmaster Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

I agree, and with as long as cases like this take to investigate, his career at UGA is likely over, true or not.

• SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

As long as he is cooperating and not under arrest, there is no reason to suspend him. It would set a bad precedent to do so.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I pray this is not true....another grimacing headline for UGA. I would not kick him off the team unless he is found guilty, Because one is charged does not make one guilty. May be many extenuating circumstances. But Kirby will likely remove him from the field....really bad news for the Dawgs.

• Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He is innocent until proven guilty. This said, in a day where liberal ideologues dominate both political and educational institutions via cancel culture, this is an extremely tight rope for UGA and Kirby Smart to walk. For this reason I believe his time as a Dawg is likely to come to a quick close. Overall, just a massive distraction from the number one team in the nations national championship campaign. **** embarrassing.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ugh. Nothing else to say at this point.

• WCHWCH Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If he was to be "removed from the field" without due process of law. I hope that he would sue everyone concerned for the millions of dollars he would he would be due.

• rxmasterrxmaster Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

Nobody is saying he is guilty or not...simply that UGA will take the course of action most likely to:

A. Protect the school

B: Protect the team from distractions

C: Allow Anderson to focus on more critical things

It's not punishment...he truly has more important things to worry about than missing time on the field.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

An ESPN report said he has been suspended indefinitely. I am just the messenger.......!

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope this isn't true, and if it isn't, I pray that the truth does come out.

I'm not saying a kid can be so dumb, but Anderson had an enormously bright future in the NFL! That would just be throwing it all away.

Someone else mentioned the Duke lacrosse team, so an allegation is not the same as guilt.

My dad had a roofer one time that was a good guy, and man he could roof a house with no leaks. Dad never had a callback for his roofs!

Anyway, he was married with kids and a woman came forward and alleged that he had raped her decades ago. He told my Dad that he'd had consensual sex with her, as did a LOT of boys in high school in those days. I don't know what finally came out of that.

• SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2021

In no way am I condoning his actions if proven guilty. My question is whether the pendulum has swung to where athletes are judged by a higher standard than other students. Were this a senior in the band, would he be suspended before even an arrest?

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can’t remember the player ( y’all help me ?!?) but there was a player at UGA that was accused of sexual assault and it ended up he was cleared and the charges were dropped. I that case if memory serves it was a case of jealousy because he had began dating someone else. I hope it’s something similar in this case. We all must remember he’s Innocent until Proven guilty. But if in the end he’s Proven to be guilty then he will have to face the punishment involved. That would be very sad all the way around, forget about the football equation a moment. Would be Very sad for him and Very sad for her. I hope he’s innocent, and he IS innocent in my eyes unless proven otherwise in a court of law.

Also it’s important to remember that at This juncture it’s an investigation he hasn’t been charged with a crime. I sure hope he is cleared. And not just for the sake of football. But for his life and if true her life. As IF it’s true it will have a devastating affect on both of their lives. We all have to be careful out there in the world. So many things can go wrong in a heart beat. But young people in particular have to be extra careful as they find their way in this world . Maybe all will end well. Hope so.

• ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 178 ✭✭✭ Junior

Nothing good happens after midnight.

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I had just recently made the comment that no Georgia player had gotten into trouble. I won’t say that again.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There is a lot to be understood between "went to a residence after having some drinks and awoke to the suspect ..." That being said, the statement by AA's attorney looks like it is missing words or punctuation. Does not promote much confidence in his legal representation. I believe the statement was meant to say, "apparently made inconsistent claims (to the police) - that she was “unconscious” during the conduct to the EOO but “awoke” from sleep by the conduct (contact?) - to the police."

I hope all goes well and he ends up found innocent. On the football side of things he will be very difficult to replace . But the toughest game left on the regular season slate should be the Vols in Knoxville. So at least there’s a little time left for a hungry and dedicated player to step in and get a chance to show his stuff. Let’s hope it won’t even come to that though and he’ll be cleared.