Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia sacks leader Adam Anderson under investigation on rape allegation

2»

Comments

• Options
    Tybee_TymeTybee_Tyme Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

I thought you were innocent until PROVEN guilty. These are allegations. Don't ruin this young man's career on allegations. However, it is proven he did this, THROW THE BOOK AT HIM!!!!

• Options
    CapeCawdDogCapeCawdDog Posts: 18 ✭✭ Sophomore

Apparently, she made two different statements, one to UGA EOO & one to police. Defense attorneys look for any difference between statements, large, small or in between, to attack victim's credibility & memory.

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

He said/She said. I hope we let this thing take its course before severing ties with Adam. UGA has, on occasion thrown players to the wolves, only to see them totally cleared, then star for AU, LSU, and/or vrs Junior Colleges. Whether Adam ever plays for UGA again notwithstanding, if he is cleared of this accusation, his NFL and endorsement career can be affected by the moves made by his college team.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I thought so too but this guy looks like a hoss. He’s defended Howard Stern, Usher, Ray Lewis just to name a few.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sounds highly suspicious to me. So, you just go over to someone's house(presumably someone you don't know or know very well) and just fall asleep in their bed? ANd you wake up with that stranger(guy whose bed you are in, inside of you, and then you just leave? You don't scream or raise heck? You just calmly walk out?

Don't get me wrong if he gave her a date rape drug and truly raped her then throw the book at him. But this just seems wierd.

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

Why suspend? Has he been arrested...No, so I ask, Why Suspend? CKS talks a lot about family, if true stand by and support AA by not suspending him. If they do have enough facts to arrest and charge, then suspend. However, I know the G brand is more important than a student-athlete that makes the G lots of $$.

• Options
    MarkGelbartMarkGelbart Posts: 53 ✭✭ Sophomore

Because if he is later found guilty, it makes Georgia look terrible. That they are letting rapists play on the team.

• Options
    MarkGelbartMarkGelbart Posts: 53 ✭✭ Sophomore

I don't see what is supposedly inconsistent about her story. She allegedly fell asleep and woke up to being penetrated. What is inconsistent about it?

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don’t think it has a dang thing to do with prejudice, I think it has to do with obligations. UGA’s obligation is to the university overall rather than one football player. If they side with the victim they are prejudiced against men/black men specifically; but if they side with the player they are prejudiced against women.

The alleged victim was an employee of UGA. Imagine this was an employee vs employee thing then, they’d both 100% be suspended from work with pay until the matter was resolved to avoid distraction at work. This is the same thing. We see this happen all the time, for example in a police shooting they are always suspended with pay- no one ever cares, as a matter of fact they totally understand. Only reason anyone cares about the suspension in this matter is because he’s an elite athlete and they think we need him to win. The truth will come out and what happens will happen; but you can’t have this toxicity and distraction sowing it’s seeds inside UGA’s infrastructure as an employer and athletic program.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

People do dumb things but my first thought is why in the world would Adam need to rape anyone when he is Big Man on Campus? Something seems fishy but doesn't mean it is. Who knows? But if it comes down to a "He said, She said" and no corroborating evidence, I believe the suspension will have to be lifted and very soon. Cannot deny Adam his rights without substantiation of an allegation. Remember Duke Lacrosse? Just one of MANY stories where allegations were pounced on and most major corporate media ran with it treating the accused as guilty hour after hour, day after day, ruined people's lives, when in the end it was all made up! That is why if there is not fairly strong evidence supporting this allegation, he will be back real soon. And should be. And by the same standard, if there is some support for the claim, he will not be and should not be. But if he is innocent, I would also expect a counter-suit, counter-charge or something ASAP. For everyone's sake, I hope it did not happen to her, that she "remembers" what she says she dont remember now or something and the charges are dropped. In the meantime, I hope Adam's character is upstanding on the UGA campus.

• Options
    57Dawg57Dawg Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Innocent Until Proven Guilty... USA