Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Challenges mount for No. 1 Georgia: Two captains out, potential QB controversy brewing

SystemSystem Posts: 10,442 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageChallenges mount for No. 1 Georgia: Two captains out, potential QB controversy brewing

ATHENS — Georgia football will be missing two of its team captains for the foreseeable future and has a quarterback situation brewing toward controversy.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SteelerDawgSteelerDawg Posts: 71 ✭✭✭ Junior

It's only 15 games to win it all. 12 reg, sec, semi, finals.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

Fate is throwing the kitchen sink at this team. To navigate all of this is going to take a truly outstanding focus and management of the program, the full extent of which will very likely go unacknowledged by most outside the program and its fans. But I, for one (or should I say, as one among many), believe they are up to the task.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dawgnation writers seem to be throwing the "R" word around indiscriminately. I believe no charges have been filed and that the player is being investigated for sexual assault. In all the accounts published so far there has been no mention of force or threat of injury. Deliberately using certain inciting terms is reckless "journalism". Something we have grown accustomed to out of the Dawgnation "journalists".

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Spew venom and hatred toward the author of the piece (and then vehemently claim not to pay him any attention) all you won't, but Mike raises some valid concerns. Adam Anderson is a projected first-round draft pick. His absence (as the result of a non-football related situation) is problematic. So is the absence, even if temporary, of the teams' top offensive lineman. These are problems. They're not insurmountable problems, but they are problems that we'd rather not have. As for the quarterback: call it a controversy, an issue, a dilemma, whatever your term, it's not cool. Regardless of who fans feel is the better QB, the fact that the job remains unsettled this deep into the season (remember that last week James Cook said he didn't even know who was going to start against Florida and he was at practice every day) is not good. That's not Mike's fault for pointing it out. And he's totally correct about Nolan Smith. He offered a defense of Stetson Bennett when no one even asked him a question about Bennett. And he admitted that he was basing his comments off stuff he had read. So that's a sign that the debate has crept its way into the Dawg's locker room, enough so that at least one team leader -- a defensive player at that -- felt the need to address it without being prompted. All that to say, these "distractions," if you will, while perhaps not fatal to the Dawgs' championship aspirations, are not helping. Blame Mike Griffith if it makes you feel better, but he ain't the problem. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mike...Mike....Mike....what's with you man. Your headlines and words are fomenting unneeded controversy. You even got into it with Brandon Adams yesterday with your negative commentary on the Dawgs. Brandon is a gentleman and soft-peddled the situation. Please tell me what the QB controversy is? You are creating the controversy. CKS is clear...he chooses the best QB that week from practices. He is the head coach...he makes those decisions...there is no controversy. I have noticed a negative turn in your reporting against UGA lately....it was vague at first (in my opinion) but now is blatant. There is no place here for this type "journalism." I graduated from UGA's J-School. We were taught to present the facts...not create the story for the sake of provocative journalism and readership. You can do better....right?

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

UGA's worst enemy. Constantly ^ pieces this week bring up QB issues. This is the worst. Blow Hard! and really makes a fool of himself on interviews.