Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Live Blog: Georgia 0, Missouri 0, first quarter

Comments

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can’t deny the stats concerning Mizzou’s defense. With that D being so bad, with all your expertise, please tell all Dawg Nation how those terrible throws to receivers in cases when they haven’t created separation against that bad defense would be different if JT were QB. Would they be better throws, most of which you refer actually resulted in completions, if JT had just thrown them away?

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

I want to see Georgia run the ball or change up that offensive line.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No sarcasm at you. But he has been out a Long time. So yeah we’ll probably see allot of hand offs until he gets past some jitters. Then I suspect he’ll pass the ball.

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Does JT looked pissed or am I just being paranoid?

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mizzou 4th and 9 and they make it????????

• Options

JT looks very rusty...intercepted on a throw he should have made.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gotta shake that rust off.

• Options

Glass14, please break down JT’s INT. Sure looked like it was behind the receiver. So bad in fact, the receiver was unable to “bail him out”. Really, that’s the beauty of mop up time. Give the subs a chance to play and make mistakes.

• Options

I don’t know who the QB spy is supposed to be on D, but they have gashed us all day with that QB draw play.

• Options

Bad throw…to be expected when you haven’t played for as many games as he has missed. Given his history, that’s an exception not a pattern.

• Options

I suspect Kirby will start Stets vs the Vols then IF the Dawgs can get a sizable lead JT will come out. Vs. Charleston Southern I’m pretty sure we’ll see a much heavier dose of JT perhaps the start. I’m not concerned about the INT that much the kid has missed Allot of time. I’m just glad he’s back. And I’m confident he’ll get back to his ole self ( Even better actually) in short order.

• Options

Oh, so Kirby was correct in starting Stets since what you’re saying is JT is not ready since mistakes are to be “expected”.

• Options

Well I’m gone but I sure Hope that contentment will once again flow through Dawg Nation again with JT back. It is a TEAM game. It’s gonna take the Dawgs as a Team to win the Natty. Not any one person. Hope y’all have a great rest of the weekend !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options

JT is really in need of more field time....should have easily scored a TD not a 3 ptr.

• Options

Dang! We could have covered if Kirby had left Stetson in the game. JT needed some playing time! I can now see what Kirby and Monken have been seeing at QB in practice.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2021

JT's throws just look a little off, don't care about the pick, just all the throws. He is so rusty looking. He needs more reps badly. Here is idea kirby, stop playing prevent defense and get the ball back for the offense to get him more reps. UGA averages about 10-11 possessions per game. The big offensive teams average 13-15 per game. Just a little nugget. Like the last 15 minutes of this game, Missouri looks like a real good team on offense, and UGA may be a little lucky that Bazielak isn't playing. Don't get me wrong, Missouri still wouldn't of won.

I will say this again, I really wish Edwards would get more 1st or 2nd team reps. He is such a beast.

McElroy is hyping UT. He even thinks they are going to challenge UGA for awhile. He said they are a dangerous team, especially on offense.

I'm so sick of hearing announcers EVERY week saying "this UGA defense takes such pride etc, etc". It's a shame their coach doesn't. If he did, he wouldn't keep his defense on the field so much by playing prevent. Looks like a UK ending coming up again.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Maybe there’s a GOOD REASON he isn’t getting/hasn’t gotten it.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I’d bet my left peanut that the people here who “aren’t that worried about JT’s pick” are the same people who in the South Carolina game raised t-total Hell when Stetson came in cold and threw a pick.

• Options

He obviously is not hurt now. I do not believe Kirby would allow him to play less than 100%. Practice and game time are two different venues. I played some ball. This was the game we all talked about possibly seeing JT. If he were starting game after game, you would see the old JT "buttering the bread," again. The OL did him no favors on a couple of occasions. He lost composure. Given time, he will return. Timing, rhythm with the offense..machine-like...that is the former JT. I hope he regains his status.