Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football instant observations as Bulldogs air it out against Missouri

SystemSystem Posts: 10,462 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football instant observations as Bulldogs air it out against Missouri

Georgia football won easily against Missouri to move to 9-0 on the season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mizzou proved sneaky for awhile..QB draws... how many other teams will see this weakness in UGA defense? Finally ended up to be a blowout and no Mizzou TDs. JT is rusty but played pretty well after he got rhythm. He needs more playing time....Stets will not win the big ones at season's end. He just won't. JT has got to vastly improve as well. The defense did not look #1 for a long while. I had my blood pressure pills handy. LOL OL got the hang of Mizzou's end arounds finally. They did not even play their top QB. Kirby was throwing a major fit on several occasions....made me blush with his limited vocabulary. Again, UGA built up that major lead into the half. Great to see Burton again.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I agree with your observations. JT was looking real rusty. More playing time would of been possible in this game, if Kirby doesnt play prevent and attack to get the ball back for the offense. For the last 1 1/2 qtrs. It only allowed UGA to have 9 possessions and the ball for 25 minutes. (Excluding the kneel down). Points or not, wouldn't matter, but just plays to knock the rust off more.

GO DAWGS!!!!!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

After this game, the comments will quickly fill with the love for SBIV and how he proved in a side-by-side comparison that he is the better QB. And, maybe he is. I do not think so, but I know that is just an opinion and we all know what that's worth.

BUT - SBIV is the luckiest guy throwing footballs. He threw at least three against Florida (not counting the ones that were picked) and least another two today that are interceptions 99/100 times.

If he can muscle up a bit more and stop underthrowing the deep ball, I might be inclined toward less frustration that the better QB isn't on the field.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

For a team that brought a toy poodle to a pit bull fight, the Missouri players sure tried to bark like they were big dogs. Never seen so many players, taking a 30 pt whipping, bow up like they were ever in the game. JTD looked rusty. Team came out flat. Great catches by the WR's saved some bad throws from SBIV. Nice to have more than 2 WR's healthy. 2 drops by AMitchell. :( Salyer and AA were missed. May be time to move Salyer to LG and Shaeffer to RG. JTD needs more game reps.

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 277 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

How many times do you run it straight up the middle with zero success before you figure there must be better ways than what the game plan called for to move the ball without setting yourself up for the obvious passing situation?

• Options
    IowadawgfanIowadawgfan Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

Was I the only one watching the true game .. Stetson under three 3 throws and our recievers and backs had to bail him out … enough is enough let Daniels knock the rust off and play the dam game please

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think it should be obvious to all you Daniels fanbois why, after their respective performances during this game, Bennett was the starter against Florida (even though he had his worst performance of the season in that game). 😉

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The only thing I am thinking about is this. I'm not the smartest person on the planet, but with all the knowledge that these coaches have, why did they have to wait until the 2nd drive to start throwing? Didn't they notice that Mizzou was playing 8 man box on the very 1st snap? Are they not good enough to change the game plan right before the 1st snap? Could Bennett not tell? Does he have the freedom to change the play? These are questions I have because I always hear Kirby talking about "taking what the defense gives them". These are on this article.

Next. I hope Kirby doesnt go into this next game thinking of "wearing out" and speeding the game up by ball control offense, by beating their head against the wall, running the ball up the middle. Or going 1 1/2 qtrs of playing prevent offense. UT was on the field on defense, for 47 minutes, and was never beat down. Still made plays and attacked and got after the qb. I live 10 minutes from UT campus, and they pumped for UGA, already. Could listen to this morning on talk radio here. A loss or close win by UGA, will change the whole recruiting year. All the talk was about the UT offense, how they can score against ANYONE. That a few mistakes cost them the game against Ala. The stadium is going to be full and loud. UGA better be ready. And with struggling against the running qb's from Mizzou, sorry to say, UT has a better running qb.

I'm sure the coaches know, that UK made a mistake, by not running some sort of no huddle, to keep UT from substitute players as often. I couldn't believe it, 99 plays, over 600 yards and 46 minutes of ball control, and they still lost.

UGA players will have to stop celebrating after every good play and get lined up,that cost UK and Ala on several occasions. They were not ready.

GO DAWGS!!!!!! AND DOMINANT

• Options
    EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Tenn will not be a problem next week. That crowd will be headed home by the end of the 3rd

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"How many times do you run it straight up the middle with zero success before you figure there must be better ways than what the game plan called for?"

It's like they don't believe what's happening-again. "Surely we can do this."