Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia opens as a commanding favorite at Tennessee, ‘Neyland is gonna be rocking’

2»

Comments

• Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 153 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2021

Going to be a competitive game Sat in Knoxville....we have a few tangibles in our favor Sat...

1. UTs Defense was on the field Sat night in Lexington almost the entire game...UGAs #1 unit basically played only two qtrs.

2. UT played a night game and got into bed back home 🏡 around 3 in the morning.Sunday....UGA was off work at 3pm Sat afternoon.

3. Depth on both sides of the ball is UGAs biggest weapon against UT Saturday.

Just a few facts

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No seriously, I and I'm sure others, thought in the off-season this game would be a laugher, that Tenn had fallen off the planet but here we are talking about their offense challenging our Elite Defense. Vote down if you choose, but it's reality.

THey went into KY and beat a solid defensive team in KY. One where we were about to enter halftime having scored 3 points on. THen the D did their thing and we took advantage of it. Gimiky or not(I don't know, haven't watched them) they beat them apparently scoring at will.

Not sure how KY lost(didn't see the game) since they outgained Tenn by 200 yards on offense.

KY rolling up 600 yards on offense against Tenn bodes well for us.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just my opinion but I see TN as being just like their score vs KY, that is just a smidgen better. I won’t offer a score prediction but I will say it’s gonna take the Dawgs a smidgen longer to adjust and quell a Vols team eager to knock them off in front a home crowd. BUT our Dawgs are Also hungry to redeem themselves in the eyes of Kirby, the coaching staff, and fans. They Said So post Mizzou game. Particularly the Defense. Dawgs will go into Knoxville with a chip on their shoulders anxious to silence the nay sayers. I think there might be a rather nerve racking time for we Dawgs fans perhaps even into the early minutes of the second qtr. but then I think the Dawgs will go on to out score the Vols with perhaps a FG or two on their part in the second half. Dawgs will win by at least 14 pts. when the fat lady sings. Go Dawgs !!

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2021

Debbie downer here again, lol.

I just don't think people realize, that "wearing" this team down is probably not going to happen. UK ran 99 plays, and had the ball for 46 minutes (both things UGA can't do, there is no proof otherwise), and they were still making plays to end it. UT only played around 21 players on defense for the whole game. Their defense was on the field when the game was decided. So that game plan won't work in my opinion.

The defense is going to have to tackle great and prevent the qb from running (which they didn't do that well against Mizzou). The UT qb is a way better thrower and a better runner with more speed than what Mizzou offered. Here is a stat that broadcasted on the Vol network here. When UT picks up a 1st down when they get the ball (not 2, or 3 or 4) just not go 3 and out, they score td's on 57% of their drives. And overall, they score something on 74% of their drives, if they pick up that 1st- 1st down. There downfall is , they don't get the ball back enough. UGA has to get pressure and control on the qb and get them off the field.

I so dislike playing UT, because I live here and can't stand listening to them, and it will be worse if they take down UGA this year. I don't know how factual those numbers are, just repeating what was said. But, if it is true, get them off the field.

GO DAWGS!!!!!

THe best QB we have faced yet, should be a good primer for Young.

• PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Georgia keeps everything in front of them and no deep passes. This way their quarterback who can move will be sacked at least 4-5 times and probably lose a fumble or two. Dawgs 41-17 as I am allowing a last minute means nothing score by Tn.

BAMA held their rushing to like 50 yards. Made them one dimensional. THey had to play from behind after they scored 14 on BAMa in the 1st quarter. THat's a winning formula, take away the run game. Apply pressure and get some turnovers.

• Jbayne1Jbayne1 Posts: 22 ✭✭ Sophomore

They got outgained by UK because of time of possession (i think it was like 45min-14min) and number of plays (99-48)....which is scary to think that they put up 45pts and 450+ yards without evening having the ball. Not saying TN will win or cover, but it'll be interesting.