Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

How Dominick Blaylock, George Pickens are helping Georgia football against Tennessee

SystemSystem Posts: 10,675 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageHow Dominick Blaylock, George Pickens are helping Georgia football against Tennessee

Georgia football is looking to get Dominick Blaylock and George Pickens healthy to help the offense.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fingers crossed. He need to start lighting up yards passing or our ground game will go no where.

• Options
    SCDawgFanSCDawgFan Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

So, just curious, if these two do not get on the field until Ga Tech and then only play 4 games (assuming of course UGA makes it all the way to the NCG) will they be eligible for a red shirt? I realize that they are likely not going to stay their full allotted time at UGA, but just speaking more hypothetically.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm surmising here but with George's injury he will likely fall out of the 1st round NFL draft(costing himself millions of dollars in signing bonus). He could even slip into the 3rd round. Likely he will be completely healed by the time NFL testing rolls around and his future livelyhood will be based soley on those measurables and not acrobatic catches and TD catches made this year. THat's a scary thought if he is really another year of healing away from being his old self pre-injury. We all know how important the "measurables" are to the NFL scouts and higher ups. THey move you up in the draft and they can move you down. Ask JF.

If and I say if, GP can't jump a 44" vertical and is only at 36" by then or if he can only run a 4.68 40 instead of a 4.55 or whatever, then that will literally cost him hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Now he may look at it as money is money and some money is better than no money and I couldn't blame him for that. THere is always the possibility that if he came back for another year he could get injured again, like Dom did. That would be devestating. So. it''s a gamble. Do I stay or do I go. He comes back next year and balls out, leads the team in catches and yardage and TD catches and goes 1st round , passes go and collects enogh to be set for life or does he in a sense roll the dice on the Draft. I sincerely hope he comes back. balls out and collects a huge payday. But I know even 2-3 million to a young kid who grew up poor(I think I read) will be mighty tempting versus getting 10-20 million if you wait.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you recall from last season, GPickens was underutilized until JTD took over at QB. SBIV had trouble getting GPickens the ball. GPickens exploded once JTD became QB. GPickens is very motivated to get back on the field this year. His goal is to replace his "injured" tag with "formerly injured" and raise his draft stock. Unfortunately, in any event, GPickens will not return to UGA for another season. Some team will get a 3rd rd bargain. NIL could muddy the waters of "should I stay or should I go". Just don't see him staying.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGADad20

I agree with you. As I stated being raised poor(if indeed he was), Some money is better than no money. WHat's a few million here or there?

I hope for his sake he has some great counsel around him and not just kinfolk with dollar signs in their eyes(not saying that's how it is).

He may want to look at what Jordan Davis has done and how he has benefited from coming back. He has gone from a mid-second rounder to perhaps the first defensive lineman taken in the draft, not to mention HEisman talk. JD provided he remains healthy stands to literally make millions by his returning this year.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No sarcasm I assure you. But you think there’s No Way that Pickens will even pause and think about coming back ?? I disagree. You may well be right, gosh I’ve been wrong so many times I can’t count them lol ! But I think there’s a distinct possibility that he Will come back. And for the exact reasons you are saying, a 3rd bargain. There’s a difference of millions of $$ between 1st and 3rd round. I think he’ll want to come back to improve his stock. Plus there’s the mysterious “agreement” between Kirby and his family and all the secrecy around that. Could it be that the Big Secret is that UGA is gonna apply for a medical redshirt for this year ?? Or forget the Med Red he’s simply just gonna come back one more year any way ?? You may well be right but I hope your wrong. And Not just for me to be a selfish Dawgs fan, with regard to George making $$. But the NFL is sort of, no Allot, scary about severely injured guys no matter how good they were Before the injury. He needs to come back and have a Spectacular year and Show the NFL he’s fully recovered, and More than worth the risk in their part. A 1st or high 2nd guy, not a low 3rd or if their worried enough upper 4th guy !! As far as Dom all we can do is pray for that unfortunate young man. He’s been through He double hockey sticks and I hope and Pray that he can finish well at UGA and just get a shot at all at the NFL. I would think he’d be back for sure next year but I could be wrong on that to. Regardless I wish them Both the Very best !! Go Dawgs !!