Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia sacks leader Adam Anderson charged with rape

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia sacks leader Adam Anderson charged with rape

Georgia linebacker Adam Anderson was charged with rape and booked at 7:45 p.m. on Wednesday night, according to the Athens-Clarke County jail booking recap.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Being charged in not being guilty, but it's serious and it's not going away. Not good news for Anderson.

I hope this turns out to be far less than what is being charged.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Just asking. But if he turned himself in, does that mean he is saying he did it? I hope not.

I just don't understand how this could happen. I never went to college so I don't understand the living arrangements.

This is just so sad.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Prayers for the young lady involved.

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2021

Dude...take a deep breath and calm down. Yes this is horrible and sad news on many fronts especially for Adam and the girl involved. Prayers go out to them and their families...and for the truth to be determined as soon as possible. Yes, Adam's football career may have ended and if found guilty, he will be in prison for a long time. BUT, this is NOT the season-ending, recruit-ending, end of the world scenario you're so dramatically painting. UGA will be fine, the team will be fine, recruiting will be fine, and the players including Nolan will be fine. This is the action and bad decision-making of one young man and it is not an indictment on the entire program. Is It a distraction? Sure, but this program and team is built to withstand a lot and I'm sure the program/players have been expecting this news for weeks. So please stop with the theatrics...it's not helpful!

• Options
    MantiTeosGirlfriendMantiTeosGirlfriend Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

There’s no good way to say this, I wouldn’t go to a frat house or athlete residence sober, much less drunk. Adam’s a bonehead and totally at fault if this allegation is true but also the woman should not have been there in the state she was in and left her fate in the hands of a stranger. These players aren’t heroes, they’re people, capable of right and wrong like anyone else.

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Wow. What a way to jump to conclusions. Given the information known to date how is this anything different than a he said/she said. Sorry, without a third party, I don’t see how her story is any more credible than his.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just a sad, sad thing all the way around. And regardless of the out come it serves as a warning for Both sides. Be Careful in what ever environment your in !! Don’t take Any thing for granted !! It’s a sad thing but being naive can cost you dearly in this ole world . Prayers for Both young people and families .

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hmm, but I guess that's to be expected. You may be innocent until proven guilty, but they can't put you on bail if they don't book you and ensure you don't run.

There's not much more to say on this other than to just wait and see and hope for the best on all ends. My understanding from decades ago was that a woman cannot legally give her consent for sex while intoxicated so even if she initiates it and is all over you, if she decides that it wasn't consensual the next morning then it's rape. I'm CERTAINLY no lawyer, but I suspect that if he admits to having sex with her then it's going to be a mess.

Either way, we just have to wait and see how it all plays out and hope for the best.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This story has had a funny smell since it came out. A self admitted inebriated 21 year old woman goes to someone else's residence after partying, goes to bed and looses consciousness or looses consciousness and is put to bed ... What was she doing there? How did she get there? Who else was there? Was Adam there? She left the residence on her own accord. How did she get home? Did she go home? There are a lot of questions to be asked and a lot answers we need to know. Could this be like the Duke lacrosse team accusation we heard a few years back?

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One of two things is true: either he is extrememly **** and morally perverse or this is a concocted story. For what reason? I don't know. A promisary note just to make it all go away for when Adam collects his 1st round paycheck a few months from now ? The circumstances as we know them are strange.

We feel like we know these guys because they are on the team we pull for and they become family almost to us. THey seem like such nice kids. But there are stories every year across the nation where players do some **** , wierd, crazy, unlawful stuff and throw their lives away to one degree or other.

Not saying it's this way but it wouldn't be the first time a woman falsely accused someone for raping them. I seem to remember a certain Supreme Court Justice whose life was made a living hell.

This discussion has been closed.