Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart talks leadership, QB decision, lockdown defense

SystemSystem Posts: 10,425 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart talks leadership, QB decision, lockdown defense

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Kirby Smart knew Tennessee would provide a unique challenge, but the Georgia head coach also knew his Bulldogs would be up for it.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Elite lockdown tenacious defense and consistent offense is how you slow down a fast pace offense. Go Dawgz.😎

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cook is deserving of being the featured back and not just one in the rotation. If Kirby seriously wants explosive plays, Cook should only come out for a breather after a long run. Zeus time and again is just too slow to the line of scrimmage to be explosive.

• Options
    DawgOnTheBeachDawgOnTheBeach Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ Junior

“Smart, however, is enamored with Bennett’s underdog story…”. You got it MG that’s the only reason Smart plays Stetson. What insight! You just can’t give Stetson any credit. I suggest you take a few minutes and compare Bennet’s stats the last years of “greats”Stafford and Murray. For example, completion %: Stafford 61.4; Stetson 66.7

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

Texas = Florida

One team whose loss yesterday its fans really deserved was Texas A&M. Ever since A&M upset Bama, their fans occupy comment boards, and call in to F-Baum explaining how they are the hottest and best team "right now" and if Bama loses to AU, A&M will beat UGA in ATL, and go to the playoff as SEC Champ. LOL to those plans. And btw, 7-3 is nowhere nearly as hot "right now" as 10-0!

• Options
    IowadawgfanIowadawgfan Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

Are u watching the same game .. he throws check downs to backs can’t hit guys until there wide open and even then ,,Brock bowers wide open on the side line ,, he misses them .. the running thing is because he locks onto one reciever and he’s running either for his life or up feild .. go back and watch the game as if it was game tape the throws he makes 7-8 yards in the middle of the feild ,, he had a wide open receiver that he doesn’t even look at .. no different from cook and white .. clearly cook is doin better things he cuts he’s allusive and white is straight up the gut takes till the second half when the big boys have worn down the defense for white to get his yards … lastly the qb wouldn’t have to run at all if he new how to throw a guy open and not wait gor him to come open .. I’m truly confused about what people are really watching

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like Both our QBs. I really do. But KS puts Stets in for a reason. And I’m not gonna argue with him. All I see is nice, big, fat ( like me lol only not the winning part) W’s for 10 straight games. And with the exception of the first one All in double digits. So if any of y’all want to nit pick that to pieces then have your fill, it’s your right. But I think your just stirring dust for nothing. The Dawgs are winning with Kirby Smart being the final decision maker, and as a fan I’ll gladly take it !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bravo !! Excellent Comments !! Should be copied and pasted on just about every thread !! Trust me when I say that if there’s a Negative Nellie it’s Me !! I had Wanted to Believe even pre-season but I kept doubting. But after the Auburn game I fully bought in. And the BELIEVE became my mantra. Even if for some reason these Dawgs did lose I am Super Proud of Them !! I trust Kirby Smart as the Head Coach and final decision maker. He’s waaaaay more educated about the game than I ever was !! And he’s With these players every day at practices, team meetings, and games. He Knows what each one can do. So if it pleasures Some to dissect, and criticize his every move, then have at it. But for ME I’m gonna watch and Enjoy the ride !! I hope and I think these Dawgs can win it ALL. But Regardless of the outcome I am Very Proud of them !! Go You Silver Britches Dawgs !!