Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Josh Heupel: Tennessee didn’t play its best; turnovers, red zone costly in 41-17 loss to Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageJosh Heupel: Tennessee didn’t play its best; turnovers, red zone costly in 41-17 loss to Georgia

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Josh Heupel maintained his streak of scoring at least 14 points in every one of his games at the helm of programs at Tennessee and UCF (46), but the Vols’ head coach wasn’t looking for moral victories.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    KeithsaxonKeithsaxon Posts: 683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It could have that junkyard DAWG defense to thank for that josh!

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 380 ✭✭✭ Junior

I’m going to say this, Coach Huepel is a good coach. Tennessee is going to be a hard matchup in a few years, that crazy fast offense is going to be a problem

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tennessee might not have been at their best, but certainly neither was Georgia... so I call that aspect a tossup, and therefore the game a convincing 41–17 thumping. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The fast paced offenses are hard to defend, look no further than Auburn yesterday. Looks at this point like UT will become Georgia's biggest foe annually for a while.

Turning the page, this is a special group of guys, I hope Kirby circles the wagons at this point and starts getting guys ready (healthy) for the SECCG and CFP run. Not sure what the best approach will be concerning SBIV going into that championship run. Does CKS let CTM open the playbook fully and show confidence in his QB, or continue with the game management strategy? Personally I'm hoping for the latter, if he's not up for it, pull a Nick Saban and make the change.

Either way it's been a great season!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don’t have a problem with TN pulling out all the stops to get that last TD. But, to say Heupel isn’t into “ moral victories” is. laughable!

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I thought the same thing…like it was written for Tennessee’s site.

• Options
    SmokeOnTheWaterSmokeOnTheWater Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

Griffith, please find another job in Knoxville where your allegiance is....And yeh, the Vols beat themselves, weren't at the top of their game, etc...etc. What BS!! You are such a loser.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am not going to dice with this.....UT had 4 losses prior to this game..4! The media hype made us think UT had at most 1 loss...and was h*ll bent on upsetting UGA...Lane Kiffin, Ole Miss, even prophesying a UT win. This game was UGA's to lose and they (and the mailman) delivered as promised....not by a squeeze.....but by double digits, eclipsing the spread. UT is 5 and 5 and now must win again to even qualify for a bowl game. Their up-tempo game is a challenge...but can be tempered as UGA aptly showed us. Their defense is not even in the same universe with UGA. Georgia should have won by a large margin and did!

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2021

“You change those two things, you’ve got a chance to play it down to the end.”

Yeah, and guess what else. You score more points than the other team and you win. Thank you, Captain Obvious. If they beat the pants off you, you lose.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

TN’s Head Coach “We Didn’t Play Our Best Game “. That’s because the Dawgs rendered you a Big assist in NOT playing your best game !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Have to say DawgNation that I don't care for the Vote Down option. If you disagree with someone why not challenge the point in a discussion. If you're going to keep it the voter should be identified.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think there is a tennessee fan on here down-voting all the positive UGA comments. That's funny. And sad.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I could be wrong, but I'm not quite ready to anoint UT as the next hot team. Yes, what Heupel has done has been (surprisingly) exciting, but I'm not all that convinced that it will automatically carry over to next season. A year ago at this time, everyone said that UF was getting ready to take control of the SEC East. Two years ago, LSU was going to be the next SEC dynasty. Teams change from season to season. A key injury there, a transfer here, another team plays above its head. Defenses will eventually adjust to Heupel's offense. And, as we saw yesterday, his team will have to play some defense itself. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My son was here watching the game and we both kept saying, "These guys are playing as good as they can play. Fast, physical and we are dominating them." This is who we are now and it is such a pleasure to be a small part of. It's not our year or our window, it's our time. Our time to enjoy our program, run by professionals. Kirby won't win 100 games in a row, but he could win 90 of them. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 322 ✭✭✭ Junior

“Our kids aren’t scared of walking out on the football field against anybody and neither are our coaches."

If you have to say this out loud, then it's not true. And who are you trying to convince?

As for the other comments, they were about as underhanded as I've seen. Sure, he closed with the obligatory coachspeak: "Not taking anything away...All three phases...Blah, Blah, Blah." But he more or less said that the only reason UGA won was because of the talent disparity. He's a good coach, but he might want to slow his roll there.

And as for not being into moral victories, that was pretty much the order of the day at UCF, right?

• Options
    ChewDawgChewDawg Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    ChewDawgChewDawg Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

It's not Tennessee's fault that they didn't play their best game. It was all GA's fault that Tennessee didn't play their best game.