Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia ‘postseason preseason’ opener creates talking points within 56-7 win

SystemSystem Posts: 10,533 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia ‘postseason preseason’ opener creates talking points within 56-7 win

ATHENS — Georgia football opened the preseason for its postseason on Saturday afternoon at Sanford Stadium.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2021

What's happening to Arkansas in their game vs Bama is a mirror image of UGA's trip to Tuscaloosa last season. The refs let Bama DBs hold and interfere with our and Ark's young WRs, then when we went 3 and out, they call touch fouls and no contact interference on our and Ark's DBs. And UGA will get the same treatment in 2 weeks. We will have the better team this go around, but Bama will have way too many men in stripes on the field.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Is it just me, or does Daniels tend to get a lot of poor snaps? It seems like every other time the ball comes to him, he’s having to correct for something being off.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@MikeGriffith, when did you write this story. Your stats are all wrong. CS had 68 plays for 126 yards, I know still not good. But just more factual. And UGA stats were wrong too. Lol.

BA, on his podcast was talking about the OSU and Mich St. game. About a good comparison with what it would look like for UGA against OSU. Oops. That didn't turn out well. The defense will do better, but they are giving up 30+ points against this team. UGA better figure out how to score in the 4th qtr. Because they don't now, or didn't in 2018, 2019. And everyone remembers what happened in those years. I know UGA has been in the lead in most all games, but still should be playing offense, not just run in the middle 3 times and punt.

Here is something to look up. Go back since the 2017 season, and see how many points UGA has scored vs gave up, plays run for and against, and t.o.p. for and against. This is why I think UGA needs to learn to attack for 4 qtrs,and also why they have lost the last 2 times against Ala. Both times at the end. I'm not really sure they know how to score in the 4th qtr. The best 4th qtr I can remember is 14 points against UT in 2018, with JF, and with him running the ball.

Also, I see alot of people say, UGA is fortunate to have a real good back up qb. I agree. But, the problem or should I say difference is this. Our "backup" doesn't play that much. Where Alabama played their "backup" in EVERY game. Even the year auburn beat Ala in 2017, Tua still played in that game and ran the offense. Our backup usually is designed to hand the ball off.

I'm sure he isn't reading this, maybe someone will. Lol.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Statsbroadcast -- thans Bud, ---

And, Wow, Florida goes down

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2021

Trying to compare what UGA did vs what Ala did tonight 74 plays for 671 yards. Where UGA had 67 plays for 345 yards against Arkansas. I'm sorry, but UGA will not hold them to under 30 points. Or OSU for that matter. They better find a way to score 50 points just in case.

Excluding florida now, but when UGA played them, and UK, AU, and Arkansas, UGA's offense hasn't scored much. 34-AU, 30-Arkansas, 30-UK and 27-UF. Taking away the defense and special team scores. Is anyone sure, UGA can score 45 or more against a GOOD team. They haven't shown it yet.

BTW- hearing and seeing UF lose is always a great day. Lol. And someone explain how you let a guy RUN 12 yards with no time left for a td? Lol. You tackle him, you win. UF has so quit on muLLLLLLen.

GO DAWGS!!!!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good catch. That was JT's problem. Why did it have to be a problem?