Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Jordan Davis leads parade for Georgia awards trio, named finalist for Outland Trophy

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageJordan Davis leads parade for Georgia awards trio, named finalist for Outland Trophy

ATHENS — Jordan Davis emerged as one of three finalists for the Outland Trophy on Tuesday, more evidence the face of the Georgia football program is quickly becoming a household name.

Read the full story here

Comments

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm fairly certain JD cares very little about winning anything other than a National Championship. That's the "unfinished business" to which he referred, not individual awards or personal accolades. You go big guy! And go Dawgs!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stets........sic'em. You have proved your self worthy of your position. I too like your candor and confidence. You deserve the Burlsworth trophy.

UGA players J. Davis and N. Dean are up for awards as well ....the Outland and Butkus respectively...that in itself is an honor...hopefully they win. UGA football is certainly front and center on the national stage.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

These awards, though they may not be a priority with the finalists, such as JD, they do help showcase UGA's elite football program and definitely help in recruiting. I would not down play them so quickly. Right now, UGA is focused on the rest of the season and beyond....that is a given.

• JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

i believe that many Dawgs gloss over the importance of Stetson’s return from Juco to come back to GA with the clear understanding that he was a backup for Fromm and would only play in case of an emergency.