Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart discusses Georgia injuries, championship depth on display

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart discusses Georgia injuries, championship depth on display

ATHENS — Georgia has built the most dominant football team in the country by recruiting talent and developing it into quality depth.

Read the full story here

Comments

• flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let them play!!! I remember Rodney Hampton having orthoscopic knee surgery on a Monday and playing on Saturday. Who could forget Herschel and the dislocated shoulder on the second play of the game. Now if a player hurts a toe he is out for 2 months. They used to cut toes off to cure turf toe.

• PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If Gilbert isn't going to suit up for the Dawgs and we drop him - Does his scholarship count for the 2021 class?

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope most of those players can play. It would be a big boost.

• MccookMccook Posts: 19 ✭ Freshman

O

OKLA QB Rattler now in transfer portal. Next season Kirby could Get Him. Send JT back To USC and SBV can be our GA assistant QB Coach. And if Kirby has to Bench Rattler then dress out Bennett. Sou Car tried playing Grad As. QB Coach and not worked well for them

• DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 482 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The more the merrier, always looking forward to adding more weapons to the arsenal. I hope that Arik Gilbert comes back next year ready to play and pray that whatever his problems are solved by and in the name of Jesus Christ Amen. 😎

• Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Rattler doesn’t like to practice, it’s well documented. He wouldn’t be able to hold up to our standard. I’m sure Kirby knows this. If Stetson leads this team to the Natty, I’d second mortgage my house to bet he’ll be back next year… go Dawgs

Some of our FB players should play with BB tram this winter. They might win a few more games

• IowadawgfanIowadawgfan Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

Those days are long gone .. he’ll we can’t even get kids to play in a bowl game anymore let alone through any kind of injury .. the world sure has changed

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey Guys,

Don't forget that Brock Vandagriff was committed for a long time to Oklahoma and decided to stay closer to home (like right down the street). Looks like he dodged a bullet with all the chaos in Norman, Oklahoma, so please don’t pray too hard to get Spencer Rattler to Athens…..especially since he may have been part of the reason Brock changed his commitment. P.S. I think we already have a full house and don’t need more QB competition, especially with Gunner arriving soon and Arch a year behind him. Just sayin 😉 Go Dawgs!!!

• Billy21Billy21 Posts: 194 ✭✭✭ Junior

they can keep Spencer Rattler. He doesn't perceive as a team player to me. He likes the shine too much.

Dawgs should have most weapons on offense in the country next year with multiple stud WRs TEs RBs and stout Offense Line. I know I shouldn’t looking ahead but who’s going to be Our QB or will it matter much. You or I could Play Behind Center and win 10 games with that arsenal!

• natejawsnatejaws Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

They played in leather helmets and didn't know anything about CTEs. Let modern medicine do its thing so these guys have long full lives! Go Dawgs!!!!

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man, sure feels nice to see Pickens' name OFF that injury list finally!!

I hope Milton and Salyer return Saturday, but certainly they will be in the playoffs. I liked seeing Edwards run the ball against Tech. I think he's going to develop into a heckuva RB.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

Well that's dicey. Seems like the perfect moment to ride off into the sunset and let the others duke it out for that spot. The defense is going to be losing a lot next year. We'll obviously still be good, and should still be big favorites to win the division, but it's very rare for anyone to win consecutive national championships. Now 2023...

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Saw JRob back against Tech.

• ChewDawgChewDawg Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

Rattler's garbage. I've watched him play. We don't want him. We already have Brock Vandergriff, who's way better.