Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Start spreading the news: N.Y. Giants add Jake Fromm, seventh Georgia player on team

SystemSystem Posts: 10,442 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageStart spreading the news: N.Y. Giants add Jake Fromm, seventh Georgia player on team

Jake Fromm is the latest Georgia Bulldog to join forces with the New York Giants, signing with the franchise’s practice squad on Wednesday, per multiple reports.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey Mike,

I just pulled-up the current NCAA Pass Efficiency Ratings and Stetson is #2 in the nation at 188.55 which is light years better than any QB in recent UGA history (according to your list above). BTW….that was through 11 games and didn’t include the GT stats in which the “Mailman” was amazing. I’m certain he is now over 190. Go Dawgs, Go Fromm and way to Go Bennett!!!

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good news for a great Dawg

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

They have to sign him to the 53 man roster. A team can't sign a practice squad player from another team and stash him on their practice squad unless he was released from his original team.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't care about personal stats as much as I do comparing wins versus loses in a career. So far Stetson and JT are 12-0, after this Saturday, will they be 13-0? Is the team ready to shock Bama and leave Atlanta knowing they did everything in their control to win? Go Dawgs!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Why would any Dawg fan vote down a comment that simply states the facts? All Stets has done is engineered blowouts in the eight games he’s started in an undefeated season! That’s a fact! Down vote that!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So, when the Giants add Jake to the active roster, he will be in the same position as Fields in Chicago. A million dollar head and a limited skill set vs. a ten cent head and an unlimited skill set. I like Jake’s chances.

• Options
    johnchappelljohnchappell Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not a bad way to make a living. Practice with a non-contact jersey during the week and wearing a headset, holding a clipboard on Sunday. Good gig and good money if you can get it.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hopefully this is more than just a NY venue change for Jake.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Fromm and Holifield, were fools. Leave for the draft before you're ready and it costs you millions. I hope that JD's plan encourages more Dawgs to stay home for their senior seasons.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll say this everytime I read something related to it - Bennett is an EXCELLENT college-level QB just as Aaron Murray was. Again: if you had Murray and Matthew Stafford on the same team at the same time in college, who would you choose? It's a loaded and impossible question - one did better in college and one did better in the NFL.

Bennett's skills (as far as I know being not an NFL fan) don't translate to the NFL and so he'd be a fool to even consider leaving. Daniels has significant potential and while he might not get drafted as high as he could've been - once he gets a chance he will likely do quite well.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Unless Jake could of gained arm strength his senior year then there was no reason to come back another year, unless he just wanted to play some more football with his guys. That said, JF could of used someone with the knowledge to tell him his arm wasn't up to NFL specs. He may have decided to come back for the fun of it.