Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football must answer left tackle questions to slow ‘game wrecker’ Will Anderson

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football must answer left tackle questions to slow ‘game wrecker’ Will Anderson

Georgia football has some left tackle questions entering the SEC championship game. That's bad news given Alabama has Will Anderson.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hope one of Kirby’s goals for this game is for our team to come out ahead of Bama for most teams sacks. That means we’d need 3 more than them. So hopefully we get 3+ and they get exactly 0.

• PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Both can match up, but Salyer has not given up a sack-That is ridiculous.

• KBPKBP Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Run at him and let's see how he holds up. Most great pass rushers are not great against the run. It took the NFL 7 years to figure out what to do about Lawrence Taylor. They ran at him and tied him up with blockers. Running away from him and even chipping him was far less successful than running right at him.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He's probably just in "press mode", but I'm curious is Jordan Davis really watched film on Bama's defense and Will Anderson. I wouldn't of thought defense would watch other defenses.

• WCHWCH Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2021

They say alot about our line blocking, but we also have great running backs who pick up blitzes well. I feel like Alabama will get a couple sacks early. Usually takes a couple drives to settle down, but I feel like, with how we handled Tre Williams earlier this season, Kirby will have a plan. I know they're two totally different players, but against A&M the game before us, he was a game wrecker all on his own.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

I think we're making an issue out of something that isn't really an issue. Seriously.

The Dawgs have allowed 8 sacks this season. Bama has allowed 36 sacks this season. Why is this an issue for the Dawgs? Auburn got 7 sacks, and I expect Dean and Tindall to add 8-9 more. I think Bama has got much more to worry about than our O-line does. Bama's O-line is porous and specifically one side of their line (can't remember which side) can't block worth anything.

Sure, Will Anderson is a beast, and I expect constant pressure on Stet. Monken has got to have plays that get him moving, out of the pocket, and releasing the ball quickly.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

To me the answer to Anderson is in the article which Connor did a good job on. Thanks Connor !! The answer is Darnell and Fitz. Those are two Big men !! But both are very mobile, very athletic. Whether it’s Salyer or Broderick with the assistance of the Big O Darnell and Big Fitz I believe we’re gonna be OK. Now that’s Not to say that Anderson might not get to Stets a couple of times through the game, he might. But I bet Dean and Tindall and others in our D get to Bryce Much More often. Speaking of the running game I wonder how Bama’s top RB is doing ? I don’t wish injuries on Any team, no matter the rivalry, as that seems to boomerang back on you and cause Your team injuries. Call it fate, mojo, karma, what ever you wish. I always want our Dawgs to Show that they Are the better team. No Excuses !! From us as Dawg Nation or our rivals we play against. I want our Dawgs to be the clear and fair winners of this game. No whining from Bama fans well we’d have beat you if so and so hadn’t been injured. And no whining from we Dawgs fans should we lose. Which we’re Not !! I just hope and pray that the zebras will call a Clean and Fair game from start to finish !! So to the Refs, Please let these two teams Play !! And allow the best of the two to emerge the Victor. IF the zebras call this game Clean and Fair our Dawgs are gonna win it !! That’s Not arrogance on my part, that’s Confidence !! Go Dawgs !!

• BG522BG522 Posts: 28 ✭✭ Sophomore

I hope we come out quick and hard, get on them scoring fast and frequently putting them in a hole early and not let up. No matter what the score is, leave nothing to chance.

GO DAWGS