Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

UGA QB situation compared to 1972 Miami Dolphins

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageUGA QB situation compared to 1972 Miami Dolphins

Georgia’s QB situation has easily been the most hotly debated topic of the season, as former walk-on Stetson Bennett wrestled away the starting job when one-time Heisman candidate JT Daniels was injured.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Why bring up Stets’ height once again as if JT being taller gives him a greater upside? Does that mean every other QB on Oklahoma’s roster was shorter than Kyler Murray, 5’10”? How did Russell Wilson, 5’11”, get to the league, much less become a star?

I’m not looking forward to Nessler and Danielson becoming blathering idiots because of their love of Bama, but Nessler is exactly right, this year Bennett has become a five star SEC QB. This year is all that matters! Go Dawgs!

• DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

JT Daniels will never take another snap at UGA. Meanwhile, Kirby can't stop watching his personal "Rudy" movie. Along with much of the fan base.

Hey. Good luck to Stetson, and UGA, and JT. All are deserving of our support. But anyone who thinks Stetson Bennett is a better quarterback than JT Daniels is delusional. Yeah, commenters are totally bought in. Got it. I'm out here on an island. No problem. It's a sports blog so just opinions.

And we don't have to settle the debate here. It will be settled by the NFL draft.

But not this year, IMO. I expect JT to be somewhere else next year, maybe Clemson, maybe going home to USC. And I expect him to light it up. He's a generational talent.

Possibility....... if Stetson does not decide to live the dream for another year and Kirby can talk JT into coming back, I see UGA in the natty next year, slam dunk, with ridiculous "O" numbers. But right now, nah, don't see it.

• DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If you think Stetson is comparable to either Murray or Wilson, you need to check your meds. But hey, who knows. If Stetson is running an NFL offense in a couple of years, you'll have been right. Check back in and let's see.

• TXDawgFanTXDawgFan Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

Dont pay any mind to Deppdog. He is a Bama troll who showed up 2 weeks ago.

Case in point? Bringing up the NFL draft to try and prove his point. Or “Hey, good luck to Stetson and UGA.” Nothing more then a Bama troll.

After Bama gets owned we will never see him again. He is a Young homer and loves Saban like he was birthed from his loins.

Dawgs 35-17. And never see “Depp” again.

• Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@DeppDawg i pitty your misery.

• dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

So, no, JT is not at all a generational QB. I do think he is the best on the team right now, but not by much and I still wouldn't replace SBIV. It ain't broken.

When JT was hurt early, I believe that Beck (or Brock) would have been the better option than SBIV. I believe that with the same game time over the course of the season, Beck (or Brock) would have developed enough to be a better QB than SBIV is at this point and we still would have won the same games. SBIV simply had the edge of a few more games worth of experience and, thus, was more of a known quantity.

At this point, it is what it is. A change in QB is wholly out of the question and SBIV is the guy. Of course, we want him to do well.

I think UGA wins easy, 35-21. I think 4th QTR, CKS has a three-score lead and runs the clock. BUT, Bama's run defense is stout! SBIV will have to back up his QBR and efficiency rating in this game.

• MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Cautiously Optimistic. Lot of variables could come into play today and impact the outcome. On paper we're the better team overall but I expect Bama to come out swinging hard and give the Dawgs their best shot. I believe this team is confident and it's their manifest destiny beat the Tide and go on to win the Natty. Go Dawgs, time to rock and roll....

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm a bit surprised by people predicting a blow-out (or at least relatively easy) win for Georgia. This game is Bama's entire season... if they win, they're in, and could run the table for another Natty. And by the way, they still have one of the best college coaches of all time preparing them for this tilt, and a roster that's every bit as deep as Georgia's to put on the field. I'm as excited about this season and want the "W" as bad as anyone, but suspect I'll be on pins and needles all game long as Georgia narrowly grinds out a low-scoring, very physical victory, probably determined by turnover differential and clock management. Go Dawgs!!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Dont pay any mind to Deppdog. He is a Bama troll who showed up 2 weeks ago."

LOL! Says the Freshman to the Junior

• Dawglifer72Dawglifer72 Posts: 9 ✭✭ Sophomore

I think deppdog is Jordan Rogers. He can’t stand Stet and it shows every time he talks about the dawgs!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No speculation...Stetson it is. Will Saban "adjustments" cause "buyers" remorse again? Or will the new and refined Stetson Bennett prove his mettle in 2021 SECC? See ya'll at 7:30 to find out. If UGA defense keeps Bama out of the end zone..this will allow Bennett and the offense to finally bring home the prized SEC "bacon."

I will continue to say it...Bama is definitely beatable...A&M thought so. UGA double digit win.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

My Navy Brother Big Mike !! Remember that dinosaur ole country song The Day My Mama Socked It To The Harper Valley PTA ??!!?? Well my Bro. Big Mike just socked it to DeppDog lol !! And so did many other of my fellow Dawgs fans !! Thank Y’all !! A couple of things to ole Depp. 1) You wrongly aSSume that allot of Dawgs fans care about the NFL Draft. Wrong !! Numerous DAWGS fans could care less about the NFL or it’s draft. 2) The Vast majority of College football players Including the Dawgs won’t get drafted and won’t get even free agency. And they Know that so Most of them ain’t sweating the NFL Draft either !! And Even the ones that can tend to concern themselves with it After they have Finished their college time. 3) Though absolutely YES the Dawgs Defense has helped in a Big way through Interceptions and creating fumbles and other ways to adding to the game scores, those Double Digit wins you Should see if you took your eyes off the NFL for a moment were put there in Large part due to the Offense !! And one Stetson Bennett has been a Large part of That Offense !! I have Zero, Zilch, Nada, Nothing against JT Daniels. I’m very thankful to him for His contribution to the Dawgs success. But if HE ( Not You) decides it’s in his best interest to leave UGA, then Unless he plays in a game against our Dawgs I wish him the very best. I’ve Never read or heard Any where, that Kirby guaranteed him the starting QB position. Same thing for Stets. And I’m Very Confident that Kirby has Heavily consulted with Coach Monken and other coaches on the Offense and THEN coupled with watching BOTH in practices decided to stick with Stets. Countless times on Countless teams QBs have been Shown or proven to be better QBs in college than the highly hyped peers who go on to the NFL. So you know what you might be very right about JT Daniels having a very bright career in the NFL . Good for him !! But I’m a DAWGS fan, and I care about Now and how our Dawgs will do. Now should the Dawgs lose to Bama I’m sure you’ll be on here Gloating that You were right, and Bashing on Stets as hard as your little fingers can go. And That will tell me with No doubts that you are Not a True Dawgs fan !! I’d Much Rather be Wrong as wrong can be and eat a ton of crow than I had be right and see our beloved Dawgs lose !! IF you really are a Dawgs fan your loyalty seems to rest much more with the NFL than it does the Dawgs !!

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don’t think Any Dawgs fan ( I doubt many do) should be writing this game down as an Easy W. It’s Nick Saban and Bama. He should be called The Ole Adjuster for his ability especially at half time to adjust. BUT I Do Believe our beloved Dawgs will prevail and get the W this go around. The Only thing I worry about is the Refs calling a fair game from Start to Finish. Saban and Bama will get the Favorable call on pretty much All that could go either way. Saban gets that out of the legacy he’s created. The calls I sort of worry about are the No Calls ( if you have it recorded go back and watch the Bama vs Auburn from last Sat.) and/or the flat out Wrong calls they make to help ensure a Bama win. The Ref that made the controversial Off Sides call on our Dawgs that rendered an assist to Bama to win said AFTER he retired that he would Not have called it if he could go back in time !! He admitted that it was a Very bad call !! Well Thanks Allot Mr. Retired Ref but that doesn’t help the Dawgs !! Wonder if he’s enjoying a financially “comfortable” retirement ?? Watched the SEC Commish on Game Day this morning and I have to admit it gave me a creepy kind of feeling. Wouldn’t he Love ($$$) seeing Two SEC teams in the playoffs ?? So IF our Dawgs have to play Both Bama and the Zebras it could be a long bad day for Dawgs fans. But if they call it clean and let the two teams play our Dawgs will prevail !! Go Dawgs !! Turn the Tide to a trickle !!

• dawgincoladawgincola Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Ok my take on this QB situation. I think JT is the more gifted QB. Having said that I think KS has gone with Stet for several reasons. 1) Kirby has built a very old school "Alabama-like" team. The teams that gave old school Alabama the most problems were ones with mobile QBs that could extend plays (ala Johnny Manziel) Stet fits that mold to a degree. 2) Kirby realized that JT has been very injury prone. If Kirby had played JT primarily this season and he got hurt in game 12 vs Tech or in the first half in the SECCG would any other QB have been remotely ready for this moment? Yet by playing Stet Kirby gets him ready for this moment while also having a rested and starter-tested JT in the wings. I have always been of the opinion that JT should have been the starter. Yet as I think about it, I can see Kirby's thought process. Is it the right one? We are about to find out.