Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia opens as favorite over Michigan in CFP semifinal Orange Bowl after ‘eye-opening’ loss

SystemSystem Posts: 10,479 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia opens as favorite over Michigan in CFP semifinal Orange Bowl after ‘eye-opening’ loss

ATLANTA — Georgia football has opened as a 7 1/2-point favorite over Michigan in the College Football Playoff Semifinal Orange Bowl game in Miami Gardens, Fla., at 7:30 p.m. on Dec. 31.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As matchups go, Michigan is a better matchup for Georgia. Hopefully, Ga can shut down their run game and score enough points to force them to pass, a lot. The secondary needs the reps.

• Options
    T_DawgT_Dawg Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

Why did all the comments get deleted on the grading article???

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Are we going to change and put in JT? Mike when are you coming out with a video everybody hates to hear you talk about the truth.

• Options
    MccookMccook Posts: 19 ✭ Freshman

It will drop to 6 points. And If Kirby announces that Stetson will start line will go to Pickem !

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wake up call Dawgs!!! Are you listening???

You just got a mulligan yesterday. Lucky you.

Hopefully, a fire has been lit on both sides of the ball.

We just may be able to beat a Michigan team with Stetson Bennett...McNamara and Stet are very similar in their styles of play and abilities. But, we won't beat Bama with Stet. We need JT to have a shot at a Natty, and I can almost guarantee you that Bama will be playing in January.

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Pretty hard to be excited about the next game right now, Dawgs performance was so disheartening yesterday. Time will heal our wounds and psyche. Obviously have to give Saban and Alabama credit, but it just didn't look like we put up much of a fight, unprepared. Defense completely outmatched. Offense couldn't get it done. We've heard so much this year about how this group was different and locked in.

Would really like to know the "real truth" about the QB situation. I don't buy CKS's pressers

• Options
    Granny1Granny1 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

I feel as if I heard this before...prove to us UGA is ready for top notch Michigan. I felt UGA was ready willing and able to finally defeat BAMA. Intimidation got the best of them.😔

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

DawgNation: D-

The only thing keeping it from an F is that it’s free.

Griffith posted his grades for Saturday’s game and what has almost become the norm, no comments allowed. I find the comments more informative and better written than the articles written by the “professional journalist.”

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"The way they played throughout the season, got them to the dance. Now it's time to focus on perfection. I'm excited for how this season is going to end. What happened yesterday, won't happen again."

Cpuodnt agree more! I love posts like this that reflect on the fact that teams are constantly morphing and everyone at this early stage of their lives has the opportunity to learn and improve... everybody. CKS, too!

Even if the outcome is not what I'd hope for in the next 4-5 weeks, I've enjoyed the ride more than I can ever remember (except for maybe Duke basketball in the early 90s) and can't thank these fine young men enough.

Many thanks for the thoughtful, positive, uplifting post, BigMike! 😁👍

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bama is in the rear view...on to Michigan. I would not give UGA a 7.5 pt advantage. The two teams are much alike...I'm even. Could go either way. Prognosticators did this with Bama and well..disaster. Michigan is a big team...powerful O and D front men. QB is a clone of Bennett...or vice versa. Mich. State was leaner and meaner and beat them earlier. If UGA can keep up a faster pace...I think they may subdue the Wolverines. Keep Bennett from rearing back and flinging the long ball into traffice...he does this all the time...flagrantly against Bama. This will be an extremely physical game. My hope is UGA O line can open holes for RBs. UGA will need gains from their backs to keep MI honest like MI State did. I don't know much more than that. Would love to see JT in the mix....yeah I know...wishful thinking with Smart. Orange Bowl is a big one for the Dawgs....I am sure they will prepare accordingly. I wish them well.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I Love our Dawgs. Have since I was a small child, and will continue to do so. But I’m Done with sweating whether they get to and win Any championship. With all the med issues I have I don’t want or need all the stress. SO I will continue to watch them, continue to cheer for them ( from home). Enjoy the games they win, try to ignore and forget as quickly as possible the ones they lose. If they win any championships Yeah Great !! If they lose oh well nothing I can do about it Either way. I’ll just try to enjoy whatever they offer that Can be enjoyed. I Will say this, unless Kirby and his coaching staff groom them up HUGE they are gonna be slaughtered by Michigan, a team that on paper the Dawgs Should win. But we all saw what “ on paper” means this past Sat. From Me & My Family from the heart we wish you ALL a Very Merry Christmas !! Jesus Christ is the Reason for the Season !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Take the points!

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

So many posts on this site need a reality check…

Bama easily could have been a 7 and 5 team during the regular season. They lost to Texas A&M, and barely survived Florida, Arkansas, LSU, and Auburn.

By comparison, Georgia totally dominated common opponents Florida, Arkansas, and Auburn (with, I add, Stetson Bennett IV at QB).

The Dawgs finally had a let down game at the worst possible time (and Saban had a masterful game plan and brilliant schemes designed to counter the Dawgs’ defense). However, this season ain’t over. Not even close.

Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I will be curious as to whether Kirby coaches this with a close game mentality or with the perception that they should blow Michigan out. If he is content to ground and pound, then the game will be too close for comfort. The best way to wash the bitter taste of the SECCG out of their mouth is to dominate the Wolverines on both sides of the line. I am just not sure that Kirby has that mindset.

• Options
    DawgnSCDawgnSC Posts: 111 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hope Scott Sinclair gets that D line in shape the next 3 weeks. I think that’s the slowest I’ve seen that group in a long time. Looked like their feet was stuck in mud on the snap. BIG DAWG JD, get it right! You, Carter, Wyatt make that D tick, the team needs you guys to hold that team responsible for the next month. GATA every snap! Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

Once Bama lost to A&M, every game became an elimination game for them. They had up and down games because while they are talented they lacked experience. They grinded out wins and developed a mental toughness. This was a toughness UGA lacked. It appeared not only the fans overdosed on rat poison so did the team. This is the results of when things become too easy.

Bama made UGA look like an upscale rent a win. Because the dawgs did not know how to respond to playing 4 meaningful quarters, from playing from behind and how to defend against a very good offense. This was all a very new and different experience for them.

You obviously know very little about Bama or Saban. I would challenge you to list the season that a Saban coached team lost 5 regular season games.

this was a game Georgia deserved to lose. I think it was a good loss if the team responses in a focused and positive way. If they do then and if they face Bama again this year they will have the advantage.

w

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@stone ”You obviously know very little about Bama or Saban. I would challenge you to list the season that a Saban coached team lost 5 regular season games.”

You are missing my point. 🤣

However, I agree that Georgia can use the humbling loss as a growth experience. 👍