Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

3 things atop Georgia football list entering Orange Bowl CFP Semifinal practices for Michigan

SystemSystem Posts: 10,463 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
image3 things atop Georgia football list entering Orange Bowl CFP Semifinal practices for Michigan

ATHENS — Georgia football bowl prep began with a camp-like feel on Friday and Saturday, turning the page on an SEC Championship Game loss.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I have an odd feeling this team is going to rise to the occasion. Really nothing to back it up, just a confidence the leadership among the players will step up and lead us to a Natty.

• Options
    OcalaDawgOcalaDawg Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Kirby insisting that you have to win with defense and a running game will kill us in the big games ..that is just not true anymore ..Saban told the world that 2 years ago and yet Kirby after getting whupped twice by a qb throwing the ball past 20 yards beat him twice ...you can not do the same thing over and over expecting a different result ...put JT back in and at least we will see but he can hit receivers on the fly 40 yards down field on the fly ..not under throwing

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 185 ✭✭✭ Junior

More Kenny McIntosh please.

He is playing like a grown man and needs more touches.

Don't get your hopes up.

We haven't had a coach since Coach Dooley that understands.

We've lost game's when we abandoned the run in the past. You would think our head coach would have learned from that.

I don't see anything in KS's DNA that will be any different in the future.

We got lucky in the SEC game with the refs not going against us.

I have to believe that won't continue. Coupled with coaches that are determined to throw the ball more than run. Well

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

For the Dawg fans calling incessantly for JT Daniels to play, don't you all know if he could play, he would play? Google:

"JT Daniels gets help for mental problems heading into 2021 football season."

Kirby isn't **** (he just can't beat Saban), if JT has relapsed, nobody would be talking about it. Think Arik Gilbert (crickets). There's no doubt if JT could effectively play, he would be playing much more than he is. My opinion.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This will be a tough battle with a lot of our players and coaches having a lot on their minds. Everyone is excited with being in the playoffs I am sure, but with coaching changes and players contemplating going to the NFL draft, there is much going on. I hope this coaching staff hyper focuses and gets these kids ready for battle. This game reminds me of the sugar bowl with Cincy with Cincy coming in focused and ready (this was their super bowl) and Georgia having various conflicts (players opting out, injuries) and not entirely focused. We won the game, but it was a struggle. Hopefully, with all that is going on, we will still have enough in the tank to beat Michigan. They, no doubt, will be thrilled to be in the playoffs and will be ready to go.

• Options
    Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2021

Why does everyone keep calling Stetson a dual threat qb??? He can only run against weak teams when faced up against elite defenses with nfl caliber players he’s a sitting duck!!!! JT has to have violated some kind of rule

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I agree 100%. All of these Dawg fans who freaked after losing to Alabama aren't seeing the big picture. We have a Mulligan to erase the mistakes and beat Alabama on January 10th. ENOUGH with the Negativity-Support the team or go pull for someone else.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, Stetson reminds me a lot of Justin Fields by not running well against great teams…. except Bennett has performed better in the big games. Examples: 2021 NC game Fields scored 24 points against Bama…..same team as Bennett faced, but Fields stats were far worse and Ohio State lost by 11 more points than UGA did. In the 2019 playoffs Fields scored 23 points and lost to Clemson…..hmmm, Stetson’s 24 are starting to look good…..maybe our defense needs to step up and help. Imagine, if our defense held Bama to 3 TDs a game against Bama over the past 2 years…..Bennett would be the “toast of the town”!!!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BUbbaBill. I believe you avoided answering my question in another post: I'll repeat it. Are you related to SB or are you a personal friend of his? Thanks for full transparency in advance,

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm watching highlights of the Michigan/Iowa game and man, they are a tough & explosive offensive team. Iowa had their chances to score though.

In the end, I think we are all feeling the same thing. It's not about the loss to Bama as to what it showed us to where we really are. We're a Top 10 team, absolutely, but an NC team? If we played Bama against this weekend... or next weekend or even the next weekend after that, we'd be favored to lose by 14+ points. Maybe more if betters knew 100% that Bennett was going to start.

If Smart were to tell us that they were "starting from scratch" and "doing things differently", I would feel completely different.

All I want a Journalist to ask is simply: "If you were to redo the game against Bama, what would you do differently?". I suspect the answer would be what Smart likes to call "Coach talk" and the real answer would be "nothing really". As if changing nothing will get you a different result.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Justin threw six touchdown passes against Clemson when they met the second time... 6... As for the national championship game Ohio state had a covid ridden team... That was a free title for Alabama.

• Options

How many National Championships did Fields win? Last time I looked he got slaughtered this past season, much worse than Bennett against Bama…..the exact same Bama team minus several 1st round picks who were healthy against Georgia. Fact, absolute fact and we ARE comparing apples…..except last year Stetson played in Tuscaloosa and Justin played on a neutral field.

• Options

Nope, not related and only state facts which you don’t seem to handle well or even understand. Are you related to JT?

• Options
    edited December 2021

I notice you never respond with intelligent counter arguments. You immediately start slinging insults to me and others. As I mentioned earlier in the week you should only post when sober, but then we’d never hear from you.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So Bennett is a 1st round pick too right? We keep getting beat for the same reason we got beat last year because in order to beat Alabama you have to be able to put the ball up in the air. why can't you accept that kid just can't do it. Or do you need a third time to see it in person before you believe? It's not a knock on the kid it's a knock on his coach. Kirby believed with all his heart that his defense was going to shut down Alabama. But just like people have been saying from the start you have to throw the football in order to beat those guys. It's our whole offensive philosophy. We're not watching Todds offensive scheme we're watching this guy coach with handcuffs. Todds system was air raid but now we're back to being run heavy. once again and you can't win the big one doing that. If we get into another situation where Bennett has to throw the ball more than 20 times it's a loss. And do you know why? Because he hasn't been doing it all season long and how is he going to do it in the big games. The funny thing, if you go watch the game in Tuscaloosa last year and watch the SEC championship it was the same scheme they took away what he was comfortable throwing got up on us and made him a drop ack passer... Go back and watch the SEC championship Bama should have had a pick 6 on the first series they had him schemed up that well. This is a Kirby problem there is no way that kid should be playing over JT Daniels if JT Daniels is healthy. JT came from the same high School that Bryce young came from with better accolades these kids know how to push the ball down the field. And yes Justin was a better athlete and quarterback talent than fromm but just like always at Georgia we don't develop our younger quarterbacks during the game we get into hand the ball off mode late in games. But as far as the way Justin looks in the NFL and he's a rookie quarterback Trevor Lawrence doesn't look hot either none of those rookies do. But remember Clemson took a risk and sat a junior and started a true freshman because he was betting on the kids ceiling that same kid destroyed Alabama in the national championship. We let another guy in that same class leave our team and basically take Ohio State to the playoffs back-to-back and to the national championship that guy was riding the bench. We got two games to figure this out and it's not looking good.