Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart: Quarterbacks Stetson Bennett and JT Daniels ‘evaluated each and every day’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,422 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart: Quarterbacks Stetson Bennett and JT Daniels ‘evaluated each and every day’

ATHENS — Kirby Smart indicated he’s not handling the quarterback situation any differently than before as Georgia shifts into its CFP Orange Bowl preparation for Michigan.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2021

Of the only one at @dawgnation, @MikeGriffith, questioning Kirby on the qb situation, you have failed me. You have refused to ask the most basic question there is. IS JT PLANNING ON TRANSFERRING? That is the question you need to ask. Kirby will either tell the truth or lie to your face. Because if he says no,and JT does, JT will admit it later.

That is the only way anyone will convince me for playing Bennett. Period.

His feet have been a blessing for us, his ability to run, scramble things open, and make plays with his feet have been good,” Smart said. Well, if his decision making process was better, he wouldn’t need to run . Period

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No coach would EVER answer that and only the player himself would and only a fool player would answer before the end of the season. I can't see a reason why JT would want to stay - it would really come down to whether he wants to take the leap and declare for the NFL or go with a team that can guarantee that he'll play.

• Options
    Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

At this point play 3 rbs and run the triple option Kirby🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It will be interesting to see how all of this plays out. With almost a month to prepare, Kirby will show what he is made of as a coach based upon the decisions that are made for this game against Michigan. I for one, will be watching with both eyes open.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not believing the hype about Kirby losing his way or falling out with JT’s family. If either were true JT would not be on the sideline and heaven knows with the current portal he would have left. I firmly believe his own doc has something to do with this.

Hope the young man gets healthy and personally I hope he starts against Michigan.

I know some are worried about how rusty he may be but we’ve got just as much time to prep as we had continuously with the Clemson game.

go dawgs!

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

don't mean to sound crude but I am tired of hearing the same old crap about evaluating QB's everyday. If they are injured yes, if not pick one and show some fortitude in selecting your main man.. then if your main man isn't producing show greater chutzpah and let the next guy sling a few

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby makes millions $$ to figure this stuff out. But to echo allot of y’all why No time in some of the blow out wins After JT came back Much Mote healthy ?? Why No time for Brock ?? He did give Beck a tiny amount of time but not much. I don’t understand that at all. So if he’s sold on Stets Totally what if Stets got hurt ??

• Options

I want to add a little after thought to my previous comment. I don’t have Anything against Any of our QBs !! Their all Dawgs at least for now so I’m For all of them !! It’s an Assumption that JT would do Way better than Stets. We don’t Know that for a fact. BUT when Stets wasn’t getting it done vs Bama in my opinion Kirby should have at least Tried using JT. If nothing else to just see if the change would help against the Bama D. Kirby is wrong not to have the backup QBs better prepared in my opinion.

• Options

Also IF Coach Monken is advising Kirby to make a QB change and he’s just ignoring it. Then I can’t see why UGA would want to pay a OC salary. I’m sure there’s ALLOT of stuff we fans Don’t Know. But I must admit sometimes Kirby leaves me totally puzzled. But that’s why he makes Big $$$ instead of me.