Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football to offer players booster shots before holiday break amid COVID surge

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football to offer players booster shots before holiday break amid COVID surge

The Georgia football medical staff will be offering its players booster shots on Wednesday amid the recent surge in COVID-related cases across the sports landscape.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 255 ✭✭✭ Junior

JT tests positive.

• SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2021

Why does it seem like the SECCG and the CFP are more important to the fans than to the players and the coaching staff? Shouldn’t the players and staff been boostered weeks ago? Shouldn’t they be in Covid lockdown like Bama alread? Plenty of time to see family in January after the bowls. When I hear this along with statements like “the Bama game was a wake up call” or “we need to refocus” it makes me question why there was any lack of focus going into the SECCG.

• brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 320 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • 78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 165 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well the hits just keep on coming. Surprised DawgNation hasn't picked it up but JT Daniels tested positive for COVID. Uncertain for playoffs. Just read on Yahoo. Not that I trust Yahoo.

• Gaowens58Gaowens58 Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

It don't matter about JT because Kirby is not going to play him anyway. Michigan will beat the dawgs if JT don't play. They know how to attack Bennett from how Alabama did. Oh well another screw up by Kirby....

• DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Uh, the title of this article is "JT Daniels, George Pickens among Georgia players in COVID protocol...".

I see that the excuses are being prepared in advance. Meanwhile UM is having a team event to get boostered. I still question why the players are leaving a near empty campus to travel home for the holidays with a CFP game next Friday. It’s the most significant game that anyone of them will ever play.

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Calm ….down.

we don’t know what the protocols are after exposure or positive test.

yall, this is best case scenario. We still have time to clear protocols before the game. You can booster all you want but you can still test positive for the antigen even after your body has killed it. So if UM hasn’t tested positive yet it’s coming. Better to take care of this now than dec 28th.

go dawgs.

enjoy Christmas and hope all y’all never show a sign!

• WCHWCH Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is a coaching issue. I trust that they'll do their job and set all the necessary precautions and not hold these kids hostage. They have families and this is a holy holiday meant to be shared with family. There's no excuse for testing positive now. Get vaccinated, social distance, wash your hands, use sanitizers, be smart.

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

100% agree! The cases up north are way worse than they are in the south.

Plus, they're still dealing with the delta strain of COVID as well...Georgia had the delta peak in July / August.

Like you say, this scenario is really the ideal situation for UGA.

Not only that, but after we beat Michigan, the NC game is January 10.

I've read that boosters don't provide full strength for 14 days.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Shutting down prep" is not the answer. Quarantining the team together in the facility for 2 weeks is the answer. Unfortunately you have the Xmas break in the middle. Guys will be coming back sunday and testing positive for covid next week. Always something. I hope Saban retires soon.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"but Pickens’ vaccination status is unknown"

WTF? All players aren't required to have both doses + boosters at this point? You have 100 people literally sharing sweat and having someone un-vaccinated is an option? I don't really understand this. I understand how MAYBE you can't force all students to get vaccinated, but if I were a coach it'd be pretty simple. You get vaccinated or you can find something else to do on campus. I don't care if you're talking about a superstar like Pickens. Get vaxxed or get the F away from my players that care enough to do so.

• GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

73% of the cases in GA are Omicrom, over 3X more spreadable than Delta. The only good news is, Omicrom is mild at best with symptoms, the bad news is it triggers a much easier positivity rate and that can put the players out of the game on the 31st. Break canceled on live in the football building until the the travel to So. Fla and then hunker down at hotel. Only chance we have to be health and have a shot! (no pun intended)

• GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Luckliy there is time before the CFP to get this ironed out - I just hope this isn't a big distraction during practices.

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

i just don’t think we can cancel Christmas and family time over a football game. Also, positive tests are gun a get everyone. We are not on an island. It’s best to rip the bandaids off now than to delay the inevitable. Isolation, masks, quarantine, and vaccines is not going to stop exposure. We are a connected society.

let’s just say we did lock everyone in the butts-mehre building. They still have to travel to so. Fla on a plane that was cleaned by someone who could be shedding. And same with the hotel. Life can’t be in a fishbowl. Everyone is going to face this same thing. The make or break is the timing of it. As I said before, we don’t know the protocols. JT may only need to test negative twice on 24 hrs to get off quarantine or he may only have e to quarantine for 5 days which leaves plenty of prep. I say, let’s all take a deep breath and let things play out.

Wrong. Boosters are effective immediately. Team should have been vaxxed and boostered by last month.