Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Report card: Georgia delivers sweet performance in Orange Bowl 34-11 win over Michigan

SystemSystem Posts: 10,451 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageReport card: Georgia delivers sweet performance in Orange Bowl 34-11 win over Michigan

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. — Georgia football got a sour taste out of its mouth at the Orange Bowl on Friday night.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    AlysiadawgAlysiadawg Posts: 63 ✭✭ Sophomore

All I have to say that most important thing to me is that two sec teams are playing for a national championship in big ten country! Man you know they are peeved.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would have gone B with Special Teams. Other than that......spectacular performance. Replicate it against Bama and the crown is UGA's! Best performance of the year!

• Options
    DawggolferDawggolfer Posts: 49 ✭✭✭ Junior

If it's my next pick in the NFL Draft, and both Heisman Trophy runner-up Aidan Hutchinson, and Jordan Davis are still available, I don't even need the full 3 minutes to pick Jordan.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Total BS by MG on the QB rating. Bennett was at worse an “A” . The Mailman would have had 400-500 yards if the coaches hadn’t gone conservative. I also blame the time management issue on the coaches. In fact, Bennett was so good he could have been named MVP. Oh, he was and it must be killing MG and the haters.

• Options
    DawgOnTheBeachDawgOnTheBeach Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ Junior

Agree QB rating BS. MG refuses to give a mere walk-on full credit. Kirby and Monken equally responsible for the clock management. Could have called time out to set the plan. Also, Monken appeared to be calling conservative plays vs. a two minute drill. Guess I missed the intentional grounding issue

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

That 1st catch by BBrowers was 1 of the best I've seen this year. KJackson's catch was his best all year. Too bad the play was called back due to penalty. Both balls were overthrown (and were only completed and not intercepted? by spectacular catches) as were other passes by SBIV(1 to TE 86 who also dropped a pass). Overall SBIV played well though he did throw it up for grabs at least once. NDean racing across the field to tackle a back on a wheel route for a loss was a top 10 highlight. Secondary (B+) seems a little high. Still saw receivers running open but missed by pressured QB. Coaching? Monken called a good game but the entire team relaxed too much and execution suffered in the 2nd half. Will take 60 mins of max effort, flawless execution and no INT's to beat Bama. Redzone struggles continue. Time management issue was 50/50 on SBIV and CKS. Saban already overflowing with effusive praise and admiration for UGA players and coaches. Specifically mentioned why UGA should and will be favored. Saban served up a 5 course meal of rat poison.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Love these Dawgs! Best game of the year! Well-prepared and well-executed game plan.

Made a statement last night! Now let’s continue this attitude, continue to play angry and aggressive, and let’s finish this thing!

Go Dawgs! Hate on Bama!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When are you guys going to turn off autorefresh? I'm tired of losing my post draft.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mikes on if “those ppl” who thinks JT should be the starter. Not surprising.