Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia QB Stetson Bennett doesn’t feel pressured to win CFP Championship Game

SystemSystem Posts: 10,526 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia QB Stetson Bennett doesn’t feel pressured to win CFP Championship Game

ATHENS — Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett is keeping things simple by design, aware a chance of a lifetime is less than a week away, but unwilling to let that alter his approach to a game he has played all of his life.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

I’m glad the Mailman is relaxed and ready to deliver. The last thing he needs to do is obsess over the magnitude of the game. I really like his cool attitude and how he loves the competition and feeds off pressure. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    DawgOnTheBeachDawgOnTheBeach Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wow, another “great MG article! Glad I renewed my subscription to The Athletic

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgOnTheBeach Happy New Year, congrats to you, appreciate the positive feedback!

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BubbaBill Agree, I think his approach is what works for him, for sure.

• Options
    plrdawgplrdawg Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

REFRESH RATE REQUIRES COPY AND PASTE AFTER TYPING 5 WORDS

• Options

PLEASE CORRECT REFRESH RATE TO 5 MIN, BETTER 10 MIN

• Options

I'm a medical doctor not a transcriptionist, I don't type very fast. I can dictate as fast as anyone. Slow down the refresh speed to 10 min please. Currently set to about 4.5 min. I occasionally need a paragraph to convey my thoughts.

Go SB!! He is our man. Pulling for him to do well. Hope he doesn't need any help due to injury or lack of performance, because our 5 star QB on the bench, has no meaningful playing time since october.

• Options

Thanks, Dr. Jim for the thumbs up on the refresh time.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

How can Stets not feel pressure? For him to beat Bama, he needs to blitz early and often and come at Young at all angles.

He also needs to maintain gap control while sealing the edges to corral the running game.

He is going to be asked to play a lot of one on one, so his coverage skills will surely be put to the test.

If he does all that, almost assuredly, he will lead the offense to enough points to win a natty! His statue will go next to 34’s!

No pressure!

• Options
    DawgOnTheBeachDawgOnTheBeach Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ Junior

MG, I’m sure Stetson also appreciates all the positive feedback that you provide, as well!

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2022

If we have any... And I mean any chance of winning this game it will be because the defense shows up and the offense can run the ball to set up the play action for him. If he has to play a shootout game we're not going to win it. Like it or not those are the facts it's too late to change anything we got to go with what we got....

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Every Georgia fan should watch Bennett’s recent press conference from beginning to end.  He is an impressive young man.  He is humble, calm, thoughtful, focused, and confident—all the while demonstrating an authentic appreciation for his teammates and their individual, personal stories.  It is easy to understand why Bennett’s fellow players support and believe in him.  Stetson is a true leader of men.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Those aren’t facts, they are simply one more person’s opinions. The fact is, against Michigan, Stets’ teammates played very well and he had a great game. Now opinion. If that happens against Bama, we win.

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bennett’s primary weakness is a tendency to not protect the ball when under pressure to make a big play. If he fixes that (finally), he is among the best in CFB. Just my opinion, of course.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cincy's defense didn't play bad against BAMA, but their offense was never going to score enough points. WE've got to score 35 to win.

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Dawgs D showed they could beat up on the supposed best OL in the country when they dominated the Michigan OL. I look for them to do the same thing in the rematch against Bama. Hopefully, Bama will be full on their own rat poision and feel extra confident going into this game and the dawgs can take advantage. Excited!!