Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Stetson Bennett shares honest truths about 5-star rankings and the importance of recruiting

SystemSystem Posts: 10,460 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageStetson Bennett shares honest truths about 5-star rankings and the importance of recruiting

Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett was not a 5-star prospect. But he also gets why they're important.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Thomas77Thomas77 Posts: 62 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just keep a spy on Bryce Young, and everything else will fall into place.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The refresh rate is censorship.

• Options
    MantiTeosGirlfriendMantiTeosGirlfriend Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

Should’ve paid attention in typing class. In the mean time you can type your message in your notes on your phone or Notepad/Microsoft Word on a PC and paste it into the comment box.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep. I think they turned it on when it needed to be on for the "Live" updates on Signing Day and have used those settings for every-single-article since. I just write my comments in Notepad now and then paste it in.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“The truly great players understand that no NFL scout or general manager or head coach has called me and said how much time did Roquan Smith, how much did Nakobe Dean play as a freshman...”

... Well, yeah, BUT the QB situation is completely different. Remember how Fields left after his Freshman year? After next Monday's game, decisions will be made by players and we may not like what we see. I certainly don't want to see JT lighting up the boards for a competing SEC school and I don't want to see Vandagriff leave after literally getting only one pass attempt all year.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Glad Bennett didn't share any "dishonest truths." Go Dawgs!

• Options
    gafanlivinginalgafanlivinginal Posts: 67 ✭✭✭ Junior

"I certainly don't want to see JT lighting up the boards for a competing SEC school"

I don't expect that to happen-JT gets hurt too much. Look at what's happening to Tua in the pros, compared to the more durable Jalen Hurts and Mac Jones. One of the reasons Stetson beat out JT is his durability.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Should’ve paid attention in typing class."

I think you missed the point, but thanks for the lecture.

• Options
    Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

WE DONE WANT TO HEAR ANYTHING FROM STETSON BEAT BAMA THEN TALK ANYTHING OTHER THAN THAT YOUR IN OUR WAY

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Star ratings are, mostly, the result of a prospect meeting certain prototypical physical criteria along with skill demonstration and prior production. Once a prospect is on campus competing it becomes clear who works hard, has the right attitude, is healthy and wins the competition. Shows you the administrators of this website are not elite to not have fixed this refresh issue by now.

• Options
    plrdawgplrdawg Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

Please spell it out, for the uninformed. Not getting what this post is stating

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 277 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@plrdawg

Substitute an 't for an e, add 3 periods, and I think, there you have it.