Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia coach Kirby Smart rejects ‘bogeyman’ notion, downplays rivalry with Nick Saban

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia coach Kirby Smart rejects ‘bogeyman’ notion, downplays rivalry with Nick Saban

ATHENS — Just to be clear, Kirby Smart does not fear the so-called “bogeyman,” and doesn’t even know what that means when it comes to some supposed mental block where beating Nick Saban and Alabama is concerned.

Read the full story here

Comments

• jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The last national championship was stolen due extremely bad officiating. That said, uga will get the same result if they can't blitz that qb. Remember florida and Nebraska in the mid 90s. That florida qb ran for his life all game. Uga needs that with alabamas BY.

• GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Michigan game showed dawg fans what these players can do when they are focused and ready to hunt. I think the players will be coming back into this rematch with no illusions as to how good Bama is and ready to knock off King Saban from the throne. This is what we have all been waiting on...Kirby is as dialed in as he will ever be and I think Monken has really come up with some unique ways to help Stetson be successful as Georgia's QB. Lanning will have the defense ready to eat - I look forward to a much more competitive game this time around with the dawgs coming out on top!

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We played an absolute fantastic game against Michigan and no matter what happens I hope Smart gets whatever he wants in terms of salary - no question. 

That being said, there's no superstition. The problem is that Saban is the master of adapting to play you and I'm sure our preparation will be pretty vanilla. Michigan had a similar QB as ours and honestly I'm still not sure that we have the capability to stop Bama's passing game. 

That being said, everything seems to tell me that it's going to be a heavyweight fight and a close game. I really hope it is.

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh you Tyler Catalina! I had all but removed those painful memories from my mind.

Lets not forget to be grateful for the opportunity that 125 other teams would kill for.

now, let’s go beat Saban into retirement!!!!!!!

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like the way Kirby has learned to keep the press on their heels during interviews. His no non-sense style was definitely fine-tuned during his years with Saban. I think both coaches have that tough demeanor with the press, but both can crank-up the charm with alumni and recruits.

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

it's not a rivalry until we start winning.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A year in coaching is like dog years. 5 years removed might as well be 30.

• stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

if you mean as being a HC that is true. At LSU he won a NC in 4 year. At Bama it was year 3. This is Kirby’s year as this is a rebuilding year for Bama